Want My Cashback NOW!

tag
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

Re: Want My Cashback NOW!

@PandaGirl77 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@PandaGirl77 wrote:

Frustrated with CB cards I have to reach $25 in rewards to redeem. Please share any little known CB cards that don't have an AF. I already use CapOne Savor, Chase Freedom, BOA CR and Discover It favorably for their redemption policy.  

Have you looked into the Venmo Visa?  It gives 3% cb on whichever category you have the most spend on. ie. Groceries, Utilities, Fuel..just whichever is your largest spend.  The neat thing about the spend categories is that Venmo figures it out for you so you don't have to pick and choose during the duration.  Then the second category with the second largest spend is going to earn 2% without you having to do a thing.  Last (3rd) category is 1%.

The cb is credited to your Venmo acct. every stmt. and from there you can transfer it to your bank acct. or keep in your Venmo acct. to use the Venmo way.

For me I use Venmo for the 3% on utilities.  Yeah, like you I have the Comenity card with the temporary 3% cb on groceries too.  It's nice but if your highest spend in on groceries, using the card (in your app or card in hand) on groceries @3% is nice and you don't have to think twice about it.  Esp. if you had an unexpected large purchase (different category) that is more than your total grocery spend then that one month you'd automatically get 3% on the unexpected and still 2% on groceries.Smiley Happy

...I wonder if my propane company would count.  Its a new bill for me after buying my new home 2 months ago and have only paid it with Citi DC so far.

My propane is delivered by a company that has a gas station in the town nearest me. It codes as gasoline on my Propel Card so I get 3%.

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 31 of 39
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Avoid Wells Fargo as they too have a $25 minimum balance in rewards to apply either back to your bank or credit account

Message 32 of 39
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

I personally do not like minimum redemption. I do not really care if I spread my spending or not. I would not want to use the card MORE just to get cashback, which is the reason they even have that requirement. All my cashback cards do not have this requirement. (Costco/Sam's are weird though because although they do not have minimum redemption, you need to wait a year to redeem it. I'm fine with this, but I detest minimum redemptions).

@joltdude wrote:

There are some cards with auto-redemptions .... I.E Apple Card... Paypal 2% CB card, etc....

Those can be a interesting option to add but usually the CB doesnt pile up... (on the apple card there is a way to have it pile up if you are so inclined)... 

-J

PayPal is not auto-redemption, but they DO pile up if you want. No minimum redemption. Sometimes I redeem it immediately, or sometimes after months, depending on mood. (Same for my 1.5% Quicksilver). No fees at all.

Message 33 of 39
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

More annoying than minimum balance is when rewards are also in increments, such as $25.   Amex used to be like that but changed (so you can redeem any amount above $25).  USAlliance is still $25 increments.

Message 34 of 39
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

More annoying than minimum balance is when rewards are also in increments, such as $25.   Amex used to be like that but changed (so you can redeem any amount above $25).  USAlliance is still $25 increments.

+ 100

Have a CU card with $50 minimum and $50 increments.

My  Bank of the West, FNBO Cashback and USAlliance have the $25 / $25.

Thus 4 of my 6 cards have both minimum and increments.

Message 35 of 39
JNA1
Valued Contributor

I guess I'm the weirdo here, but I'd rather have redemption thresholds than auto redeeming rewards. It bugs me to deposit the (relatively) small increments monthly on my AOD and BBC cards. I'd rather choose when I want to redeem. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 36 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

My Wells Fargo Propel is like this. It's my only card like this. I'm not sure about bbva since it's still new and I haven't done any redemptions yet.

Message 37 of 39
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

My Wells Fargo Propel is like this. It's my only card like this. I'm not sure about bbva since it's still new and I haven't done any redemptions yet.

BBVA does not require specific increments, but @Anonymous pointed out that there is a $25 redemption threshold. I wasn't aware of that as I've never redeemed my cashback when it was that low. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 38 of 39
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As the OP has indicated they've been approved in the Approvals forum, this thread is now closed to new messages.

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.