Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want feedback about Chase please

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Want feedback about Chase please

Does anyone know how Chase views CC apps from customers who already have a relationship with them?

My auto loan is through Chase and my last payment will be in Oct 2013. Wondering if I should app for CC while I'm still considered a current customer.

Not concerned about getting approved because I have excellent credit scores, no baddies, and low utilization. Goal is to get approved with highest CL possible and thought maybe I improve my chances if I'm a current customer at time of app.

Thanks for your feedback!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Want feedback about Chase please

I have been a chase customer for about 8 years and they have yet to approve me for a card. So, I do not know if being a customer has any bearing on approvals or not.

Im sure some others can give you some insight.

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 21
john398
Senior Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

I have been a chase customer for about 8 years and they have yet to approve me for a card. So, I do not know if being a customer has any bearing on approvals or not.

Im sure some others can give you some insight.

Wow with all your cards I would think you would of be able to call and recon, I am very surprised

Message 3 of 21
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Wow? Really? And have you applied?

Based on a lot of what I've read from here Chase seems to be hard to read/handle.

Thanks for your input.

Message 4 of 21
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Honestly, this is a situation of it probably won't help you but it definitely could hurt you. By that I mean that if you have anything bad in your history with them then they will definitely used it against you, but a good history doesn't mean much.

Message 5 of 21
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

I think it helps, but what's probably more significant is if you already have other Chase CC products.  They like to see your spending/payment habits for their products and I think that makes a significant difference.

I just applied for the CSP two weeks ago as my first app in a 4 card app spree.  I was suprised they gave me 13.8K when at the moment my credit reports listed limits of 10.3K, 2.5K, 2K and 1.5K.  I have been a long time banking customer but it was an instant approval.

I tried app'ing for a Chase Ink Classic immediately after and was denied b/c they wanted to see a couple months on this card first.  I recon'd and was intially declined again but made my case and asked to transfer 2K from my CSP to open the INK account and after some tinkering and long hold on the phone the CSR said she would send it through with a recommended approval.  That was last Wednesday so I'm waiting to see if I actually get approved or not.  I keep checking my CSP CL to see if it drops but it hasn't yet.  Hopefully I'll get the account and get to keep my original CL.  Either way, she definitely insinuated that if I waited 3-4 months so they could review how I handled my CSP it should be no problem.

I think the only reason I got the 13.8K was because I had excellent credit scores at the moment of application.

Message 6 of 21
dodfire
Valued Contributor

I never burned Chase and have no type of negative history with them.

I have a foreclosure in my history from 2008 and that is the reason they give me each time for denial.

I have applied 3 times and 3 times tried Recon to no avail.

Reading other post I see many many approvals....so its a YMMV thing...

I think what it really is....Chase just hates me for some reason.. Smiley Happy kidding. One of these days they will be begging me to take one of their cards. 

*8/10/13
Message 7 of 21
Smug
Established Contributor

I have 2 chase amazon visa and now the freedom card, een with great scores the card is 21 APR and they do not go down, might sock drawer these two
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 8 of 21
Scott90
Contributor

Not sure if having an auto loan will help at all.  I have had a chase card since 2008 and a chase auto loan since 2009 and I havent even been able to get a credit line increase until just recently after trying aout once a year since having the card.  But I am sure its different for everyone, I see plenty of people on here with much lower credit scores than mine that get CLI's and CL from Chase higher than my card.  Chase isn't my highest card, but I like to use it since my interest is very low on this one.

Message 9 of 21
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

This is good feedback everyone, thanks.

I have a 9500 CL with AMEX (and haven't yet tried for my 3 X CLI) and a 6000 CL with Citi and 2000 with WF. I think my plan will be to go in to a Chase location to make my last payment in person, sit down with a banker, and say "I'd really like to continue my business relationship with Chase and am thinking about opening a cc...."

And then take it from there. =)

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.