Did you mean: 

Want feedback about Chase please

tag
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

Re: Want feedback about Chase please

@lhcole77 wrote:

This is good feedback everyone, thanks.

I have a 9500 CL with AMEX (and haven't yet tried for my 3 X CLI) and a 6000 CL with Citi and 2000 with WF. I think my plan will be to go in to a Chase location to make my last payment in person, sit down with a banker, and say "I'd really like to continue my business relationship with Chase and am thinking about opening a cc...."

And then take it from there. =)

+1 ......

From your original post and credit profile description, I think you have a good chance of getting around a $10K limit.  If you want more, I'd wait until the AMEX 3x CLI goes through and posts.  I don't think the auto loan, paid off or not....unless it significantly impacts your DTI, will make much difference in your granted CL.

Message 11 of 21
JonStur
Established Contributor

i think your current profile is what they are interested in. If you have recent baddies or have burned them then it doesn't look good. There are people on here who WORK at Chase and can't get credit.. After mailbox bombing me for the Freedom and the Slate, I went with the Freedom...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 12 of 21
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

+1 ......

From your original post and credit profile description, I think you have a good chance of getting around a $10K limit.  If you want more, I'd wait until the AMEX 3x CLI goes through and posts.  I don't think the auto loan, paid off or not....unless it significantly impacts your DTI, will make much difference in your granted CL.

Thanks!  I will wait for sure.

My EX score was 779 when I got approved for AMEX and Citi. It'll take a small hit after those cards report, but I'll still be 760+. So I think waiting for AMEX CLI is a great idea!

Message 13 of 21
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

Does anyone know how Chase views CC apps from customers who already have a relationship with them?

It really doesn't matter in comparison to your credit.

Message 14 of 21
bobkabob
Established Member

I'm not sure what they view regarding having a relationship with them, but I got turned down for the freedom as my credit history is only 11 months, so they do look at that.

Message 15 of 21
enharu
Super Contributor

Chase does value banking relationship, but how much your banking relationship is going to help you is directly proportional to you average daily deposit balance with them. The more money you have in there, the more its going to help.

However, there is only so much a banking relationship can help as well. They are still not going to overlook the fact an applicant just filed BK 1-2 years ago or the fact that chase was burned previously by the same individual just because he has 50-100k deposited with them.

The most efficient way to get approvals is to worry about whatever is in your CR and your income. Everything else is just icing on the cake.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 16 of 21
Petraeus
Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Chase does value banking relationship, but how much your banking relationship is going to help you is directly proportional to you average daily deposit balance with them. The more money you have in there, the more its going to help.

However, there is only so much a banking relationship can help as well. They are still not going to overlook the fact an applicant just filed BK 1-2 years ago or the fact that chase was burned previously by the same individual just because he has 50-100k deposited with them.

The most efficient way to get approvals is to worry about whatever is in your CR and your income. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

+1

FICO® Avg: 732 (11/2013)
Notable CC: AMHFCU® PLATINUM MASTERCARD $25K | Chase Marriott Rewards SigVisa $12K | AmEX PRG NPSL | BoA Cash Rewards Signature® Visa $12K | AmEX BCE $9K | Citi Diamond Preferred $10K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa $5K | BoA Travel Rewards® Signature® Visa $5K
Current Overall CL: $139K | UTL: 18% | AAoA 3yrs | Gardening since 11/26/2013
Future CC: Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature®
Future CLI: AmEX BCE 2/2014 | Fico goal: 760+
Message 17 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Petraeus wrote:

@enharu wrote:

+1

+2

Message 18 of 21
red259
Super Contributor

After not having any cards for years I was able to get the Fredom card and I'm pretty sure this was because I had an old chase card that I closed out years ago that still shows on my CR. Otherwise I don't think they would have agreed to giving me a CC without seeing some more revolver activity first.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 19 of 21
bribro
Valued Contributor

A Chase auto loan probably doesn't help much, if at all. As others have said, what will actually help is a banking relationship. And if you have $10k or more in balances in your Chase banking accounts, a retail banker can endorse your application, which would help with manual reviews.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.