cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to App, but don't really need the card!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want to App, but don't really need the card!?

Ok, I'm drawn in to the CSP because I want a card from Chase, I like the fact that it is metal (will probably regret later lol), & I like the signup bonus (at the bank on their materials it says 2,000 spend in 3 months). Fact is, I don't really need it, & would use it sparingly. Currently have a Citi with a 10k limit and a Zync NPSL. So the question is..to app..or not to app?!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Want to App, but don't really need the card!?

dont app for what you dont need. 

do you have other cards? 

aaoa? 

if you only have two cards id say go for it just to have a third but you could always just use that card to get the bonus while sd the zync and other card for a month. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditnocash wrote:

do you have other cards? 

aaoa? 

if you only have two cards id say go for it just to have a third but you could always just use that card to get the bonus while sd the zync and other card for a month. 

I just have my Citi Dividend (10k limit), Zync NPSL, Kohl's card (don't use it so I'm going to let it cancel itself), & dell preferred account (not a credit card though). Aaoa is around 2.5 years (but I don't really care about aaoa). Also, if I apped, would you go for the visa or mastercard? 

Message 3 of 11
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

do you have other cards? 

aaoa? 

I just have my Citi Dividend (10k limit), Zync NPSL, Kohl's card (don't use it so I'm going to let it cancel itself), & dell preferred account (not a credit card though). Aaoa is around 2.5 years (but I don't really care about aaoa). Also, if I apped, would you go for the visa or mastercard? 

how old is the kohls? 

if its no annual fee dont canel it. just sd it. 

as for the csp. can you chose? 

whichever you prefer i guess. 

but most places take visa and mastercard its the amex's you gotta worry about!. 

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditnocash wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

do you have other cards? 

aaoa? 

how old is the kohls? 

Kohl's is 2 years old. Should I just let it sit in the sd & let them cancel for inactivity if they do that? 

Message 5 of 11
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

do you have other cards? 

aaoa? 

how old is the kohls? 

Kohl's is 2 years old. Should I just let it sit in the sd & let them cancel for inactivity if they do that? 

i would buy something small every once in a while. 

just put 1 dollar on mine to get the 30% off and put the rest on my amex for a keurig. so 1  dollar every 3-4 months LOL. 

if you do decide to close it it will report good for 10 years and then fall off your reports. by then most of your other cards will age as well. 

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 6 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@creditnocash wrote:

do you have other cards? 

aaoa? 

+1  If you don't need it, don't app for it.   Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 11
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Yes , you should have a backup.

Message 8 of 11
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

I really want this card, dun need it but think its cool looking lol.  Since you're closing kohle's I would try and find something to replace it if you wish.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 9 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

You don't have many cards... You'd prob get a nice uptick in your score if you open another account...
It's a fact that a long history with a lot of avail credit to you impacts your fico positively...
That's my opinion :-)

Just use it, at least a little... Creditors like to see responsible use vs. no use or overuse !!

:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.