cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

I want to apply for Chase Explorer Visa Signature Card.  I fly two or three times a year on the United Airlines. I tried to save baggage fees or broke even with AF.  By the way, I want to use it to travel to Asia next month or two. I currently have a couple of Chase cards with Chase. I have never been late with any of my Chase cards.  I have excellent credit history. My TU FICO score was 743. What is my chance to get approved for the card?  I need some feedback.

Thanks for reading.

Ron.

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

@Ron1 wrote:

I want to apply for Chase Explorer Visa Signature Card.  I fly two or three times a year on the United Airlines. I tried to save baggage fees or broke even with AF.  By the way, I want to use it to travel to Asia next month or two. I currently have a couple of Chase cards with Chase. I have never been late with any of my Chase cards.  I have excellent credit history. My TU FICO score was 743. What is my chance to get approved for the card?  I need some feedback.

Thanks for reading.

Ron.

I think you have a pretty good chance of getting approved for that card. I had two chase cards before applying for a United card and was approved for a healthy line 22k. Not even sure where they decided that limit but I've heard the United cards come with pretty nice limits if you are approved. Good luck!!

Message 2 of 57
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

depends on when you got your last card, chase doesn't like to issue a new card within 6 months of the last one, but should be no problem with a 740

@Ron1 wrote:

Thanks for reading.

Ron.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 3 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. The last card I applied it was more than a year ago. My utilzation was 1%. I don't have any balance on any of my Chase card. My last inquiry was Barclays in September.  I'm afraid they're going to denied because I have too many Chase cards.

Ron.

Message 4 of 57
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

I'd say you have a very good chance. I was approved this past June and I don't think my TU score was as high as yours at that time. I also already had a Chase card. If they deny you, which I doubt they will, you have a great chance at recon.  Good luck - keep us posted!

Message 5 of 57
tray
Valued Contributor

Well Ron if you have couple of Chase cards I am sure they will give you one more, I have 3 cards with Chase, also if you have one card that you do not really use, maybe Chase can cancel that particular card for the United Explorer card.  Good Luck hope you get !!!

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 57
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tray wrote:

Well Ron if you have couple of Chase cards I am sure they will give you one more, I have 3 cards with Chase, also if you have one card that you do not really use, maybe Chase can cancel that particular card for the United Explorer card.  Good Luck hope you get !!!

This sounds like a good idea Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 57
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. The last card I applied it was more than a year ago. My utilzation was 1%. I don't have any balance on any of my Chase card. My last inquiry was Barclays in September.  I'm afraid they're going to denied because I have too many Chase cards.

Ron.

Which Chase cards do you currently have?

Message 8 of 57
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I have 4 Chase cards. You should be approved and they are being very generous lately.
Message 9 of 57
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
I have 4 Chase cards. You should be approved and they are being very generous lately.

+1, I was just recently able to get a pretty big Cli with Chase on my Freedom card, from 600 to 5k after only 5months. I say you have a very good shot. 

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.