cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

Thanks. Both Discover More and Chase are good. It is better than BofA.  I really wanted to trade one of my Chase Freedom Cards without applying for the card.  I like to put airline tickets on my Amex cards. It saved me a couple of times on emergency. Anyway, I really go for the bonus and perks if I apply for United Explorer card. I also fly two to three times to CA. I tried US Airways, Delta and AA. They're not that good. I haven't tried SW lately. 

Ron.

Message 41 of 57
kekrre
Contributor

Re: Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

@Ron1 wrote:

I sent them a secure message to convert one of my Chase Freedom cards into Chase United Explorer Visa Signature Card. They cannot convert it. They told me to apply for the card. By the way, the current policy is: You cannot have more than one card on the same type. I don't think I will break any rule by applying for the card. I don't have the card.  I hope that they don't have the max. number of credit cards I can have.

By the way, where did they pull?

Thanks.

Ron. 

It's kind of ridiculous that they'd rather stick you with four identical cards rather than PC a couple of them. I don't know if Chase has a thing about turning a Chase-branded product into a affiliate branded product (and between different affiliated cards), but there should be no (logical) reason they won't let you PC the Visa Signature Freedom you have to a Visa Signature Sapphire Preferred.

Also, I haven't paid too much attention to people who get recon approved for co-branded cards, but it might be possible to shift credit limits from some of the Freedoms to open up a UA Explorer card if they deny you for having too many cards/too high total CL with them.

And regarding your latest post, I think it's interesting to note that MR and UR points can transfer to BA Avios (MR is currently having a 30% bonus), which you can spend on AA. UA and US can both earn UA miles (miles flown plus at least 2x on the CSP, but only 1x on US with the UAE). Using the CSP, you'll always get at least 3.33% back on WN flights. DL is just DL. Just food for thought.

|||||||
Message 42 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

@kekrre wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

I sent them a secure message to convert one of my Chase Freedom cards into Chase United Explorer Visa Signature Card. They cannot convert it. They told me to apply for the card. By the way, the current policy is: You cannot have more than one card on the same type. I don't think I will break any rule by applying for the card. I don't have the card.  I hope that they don't have the max. number of credit cards I can have.

By the way, where did they pull?

Thanks.

Ron. 

It's kind of ridiculous that they'd rather stick you with four identical cards rather than PC a couple of them. I don't know if Chase has a thing about turning a Chase-branded product into a affiliate branded product (and between different affiliated cards), but there should be no (logical) reason they won't let you PC the Visa Signature Freedom you have to a Visa Signature Sapphire Preferred.

Also, I haven't paid too much attention to people who get recon approved for co-branded cards, but it might be possible to shift credit limits from some of the Freedoms to open up a UA Explorer card if they deny you for having too many cards/too high total CL with them.

And regarding your latest post, I think it's interesting to note that MR and UR points can transfer to BA Avios (MR is currently having a 30% bonus), which you can spend on AA. UA and US can both earn UA miles (miles flown plus at least 2x on the CSP, but only 1x on US with the UAE). Using the CSP, you'll always get at least 3.33% back on WN flights. DL is just DL. Just food for thought.

I sent them a secure email and they told me they could not do pc for my Chase Freedom. I also talked them on the phone and they don't let me to convert my Chase Freedom into the Sapphire. They told me I have to re-apply. I guess it is their policy.

Ron.

Message 43 of 57
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

You do get two lounge passes with the Explorer, so you can check out the lounge for free. The ones in the SF and LA airports are nice.  I fly United about once a month so I have the Club Visa which gives lounge access as well as the shorter security line and priority boarding. Only worth the fee if you fly often though. I got the Explorer and then the Club right after. You're a shoo-in for the Explorer so go for it!

Message 44 of 57
distantarray
Established Contributor

@koalablue wrote:

You do get two lounge passes with the Explorer, so you can check out the lounge for free. The ones in the SF and LA airports are nice.  I fly United about once a month so I have the Club Visa which gives lounge access as well as the shorter security line and priority boarding. Only worth the fee if you fly often though. I got the Explorer and then the Club right after. You're a shoo-in for the Explorer so go for it!

The explorer gets priority boarding but no shorter security lines? boooo

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 45 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

@koalablue wrote:

I might have seen the airport lounge in LAX and it's very nice. I heard the one in SF and it has shower. I'm going to pass by over there to Asia next year.  I like to fly United over US Airways or Delta. I fly to LA two to three a year on United and it has direct flight and the plane is on time. 

Once I wanted to get Amex Delta Gold and I don't fly on Delta.  I want to try SW in the future. I heard they don't charge lugguage fee.

By the way, either I can apply for personal or business version.  I don't think I have any problem to get approved for business version. I already have Chase Ink for years.

Thanks for your reply and sugguestion.

Ron.

Message 46 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@koalablue wrote:

It will be Amex Platinum. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 47 of 57
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@koalablue wrote:

Ron.

Amex plat gets you shorter security lines? what?

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 48 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@koalablue wrote:

Ron.

Amex plat gets you shorter security lines? what?

I mean Global entry. I hate lng security lines. No way to avoid it.

Ron.

Ron.

Message 49 of 57
kekrre
Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@koalablue wrote:

I might have seen the airport lounge in LAX and it's very nice. I heard the one in SF and it has shower. I'm going to pass by over there to Asia next year.  I like to fly United over US Airways or Delta. I fly to LA two to three a year on United and it has direct flight and the plane is on time. 

Once I wanted to get Amex Delta Gold and I don't fly on Delta.  I want to try SW in the future. I heard they don't charge lugguage fee.

Ron.

I'm not certain the Explorer passes or even the Club card get you into that particular lounge at SFO - note that I've never been in the SFO airport, but the shower appears to be in the UA Arrivals Lounge, which states:

"United Arrivals Lounge

Start your day refreshed with United Arrivals Lounge. A retreat where United Global First and United BusinessFirst customers traveling on a same-day ticket and arriving before noon may enjoy a shower and continental breakfast."

So I think you have to be travelling international on a Business or First class ticket to get in. On the other hand, the lounges at IAH (Houston) and EWR (Newark) appear to have showers in the general United Club (from their website), but the only direct flight to Asia is IAH to NRT (Tokyo), which is expensive for no particular reason.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/airport/lounge/locations/default.aspx

And yeah, WN lets you carry two bags on for free, yet is (unless I'm mistaken) the only profitable large carrier in the US. I haven't flown on any of their flights for years, at least since around the time of ValuJet (when I was maybe 10 and the airplanes looked like this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Southwest_737.jpg ), but most people seem to be infatuated with them. I was planning my holiday travel with them or UA, but DL turned out to be a better deal.

|||||||
Message 50 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.