Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to apply for credit card that is BK freindly with high CL

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Want to apply for credit card that is BK freindly with high CL

I know there has already been a thread started for BK freindly cards.  But that has 33 pages to read  LOL.  It doesnt have what Im looking for.

I was discharged in 2001

My scores are 660-680

I am looking for a good credit card that will start me off with a high CL.  Can you guys post your experience with applying for CC's here that have BK's  and that what kind of CL they started you off with?

Thanks for your help.
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Want to apply for credit card that is BK freindly with high CL

Chase seems to be a good option for people lately as long as they wern't in your bk.
Message 2 of 26
glamchick
Established Contributor

Chase is not in my BK but I thought I read on here they are not BK freindly is that true
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 3 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

as of late everyone has been getting denied and calling back door number and getting approved and you are far out of bk
Message 4 of 26
smallfry
Senior Contributor

If you want a high limit with a BK Chase is not the best option. Definitely go with a top credit union. If you have a decent income Pentagon Federal is one option. Navy Federal is you are eligible would be another. If you don't care if the limit is reported to the credit bureaus you might apply for a Citi Premier Pass. What do you consider a high limit? Scores are...?
Message 5 of 26
glamchick
Established Contributor

scores are 660-680.  Im looking for a limit of 1,000 or more.  I know thats not high to some people but its high to me.

I cant get into a credit union.  I dont work for one and I dont know anyone who belongs to one.
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, try a credit union, penfed is great! If ur scores are 660 or higher, they pull eq for me! Good luck, i got 8g's in two cards from em , and have only been a member for almost 2 weeks, lol.... But u can only upload up to 50 bucks to them a day, i heard it was until u was a 6 month member! Good luck!!!!
Message 7 of 26
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@glamchick wrote:
scores are 660-680. Im looking for a limit of 1,000 or more. I know thats not high to some people but its high to me.
I cant get into a credit union. I dont work for one and I dont know anyone who belongs to one.

You absolutely can get into a credit union.
Message 8 of 26
NEEDCREDITADVISE
New Contributor

can anyone apply for penfed?
Thanks for everyone's input..........
Message 9 of 26
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@NEEDCREDITADVISE wrote:
can anyone apply for penfed?

Just join the MOA. The requirements are on the website. $25 to join.
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.