Did you mean: 

Want to downsize the amount of cards have - please advise

tag
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: Want to downsize the amount of cards have - please advise

@LS2982 wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

Citibank MC Diamond Preferred  10,000, 5/11 - I was told yesterday by a CSR that they do not combine limits on Citi cards anymore.  I wanted to move this into the Dividend below but now not sure SD / Run some reaccuring bills through

Citibank MC Dividend 9400, 11/11 - 3rd GT card, I like the categories even though they reveal them late.  I like the CL and the BT offers  Close / I think you have plenty of other better cards
I'm an AU on the following cards and would like to get out of them both:

Thanks.  Is there a reason you'd keep the Diamond Preferred (I do not use the Citi "cash") with an almost equal CL over the the Dividend (real cash!) with the 5% categories?

Thanks again!

Anyone else?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

Citibank MC Diamond Preferred  10,000, 5/11 - I was told yesterday by a CSR that they do not combine limits on Citi cards anymore.  I wanted to move this into the Dividend below but now not sure SD / Run some reaccuring bills through

Citibank MC Dividend 9400, 11/11 - 3rd GT card, I like the categories even though they reveal them late.  I like the CL and the BT offers  Close / I think you have plenty of other better cards
I'm an AU on the following cards and would like to get out of them both:

Thanks.  Is there a reason you'd keep the Diamond Preferred (I do not use the Citi "cash") with an almost equal CL over the the Dividend (real cash!) with the 5% categories?

Thanks again!

Anyone else?

After you explanation on it, IMO, I would keep both of them. No harm in keep them both, you've took the INQ's for the mand they are fairly new in your collection. Let them grow!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I wasn't able to redistribute the CL's on my Costco TrueEarnings and Blue Cash Preferred until both had been open for a year. I had read 6 months, but nope, didn't work for me.

I finally got exasperated and just increased the CL on the BCP. So weird that they'd let me do that, but they couldn't/ wouldn't take $5K from one card and tack it onto the other. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I wasn't able to redistribute the CL's on my Costco TrueEarnings and Blue Cash Preferred until both had been open for a year. I had read 6 months, but nope, didn't work for me.

I finally got exasperated and just increased the CL on the BCP. So weird that they'd let me do that, but they couldn't/ wouldn't take $5K from one card and tack it onto the other. Smiley Tongue

That doesn't sound right, why not move some of the CL?? Smiley Indifferent

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 17
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I see there's an option on the Amex page to do so although I think I should attempt it in a couple more months (had a CLI on the BCP in December).  I never would've opened the Clear if I had known the BCP was about to be released a few months later!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@clocktick wrote:

I see there's an option on the Amex page to do so although I think I should attempt it in a couple more months (had a CLI on the BCP in December).  I never would've opened the Clear if I had known the BCP was about to be released a few months later!

And I never would have opened the TrueEarnings card (which had been a long-term goal.)

I tried both on the webpage and via phone, and each time, I got the letter saying nope.

Very strange...

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 17
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

You could start using your AU cards.   Pay your ex back after you get removed.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.