cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to see scary? I'll show you scary...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want to see scary? I'll show you scary...

Just kidding!  Remember my complaints yesterday about an unnecessary BofA second HP, the day after, for my Fidelity application?  Well, you guys were right, HP are way over-dramatized here.  Nothing to worry, at all.  As you can see below from our own myFico monitoring service, all I suffered is some puny 14 point drop.  So, sorry for the over-reaction.  You guys who don't care about HPs are on to something...

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Want to see scary? I'll show you scary...

It's only 14 points what are you worrying about? lol

Message 2 of 31
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Just kidding!  Remember my complaints yesterday about an unnecessary BofA second HP, the day after, for my Fidelity application?  Well, you guys were right, HP are way over-dramatized here.  Nothing to worry, at all.  As you can see below from our own myFico monitoring service, all I suffered is some puny 14 point drop.  So, sorry for the over-reaction.  You guys who don't care about HPs are on to something...

Easy solution; don't apply for anything.  Problem solved Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 31
WuXing5
Regular Contributor

lol op, 14 is not really that big so yea, no biggy...

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully. " - GWB
Message 4 of 31
Blodreina
Established Contributor

I agree.  Inquiries have little weight.  I never understood why a lot of people talk about them like their influence is as strong as utilization.  My philospoophy is that they are only a problem past a certain point.  Even then, I've read about people still getting approvals with tons of inquiries.  However, those in preparation to purchase a house will not likely have the same leniency (with regard to having a significant amount of inquiries).  If I recall correctly, when applying for mortgage loans, inquiries have to be explained, individually.  

Message 5 of 31
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Simba501 wrote:

Everyone, OP agrees that it is no big deal.  The title is sarcastic.  

And I agree.  Inquiries have little weight.  I never understood why everyone talks about them like their influence is as strong as utilization.  My philospoophy is that they are only a problem past a certain point.  Even then, I've read about people still getting approvals with tons of inquiries.  However, those in preparation to purchase a house will not likely have the same leniency.  If I recall correctly, when applying for mortgage loans, inquiries have to be explained, individually.  

Thanks for clarifying for us Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 31
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

If you're still above 760, a 14 point drop isn't too horrible.   If you're in the mid-600s, a 14 point drop could be devastating.   It's really a matter of perspective.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gee, I am glad I was able to provide the over-night "entertainment" for you guys...  Anyway, I do have a problem with this because I have prepared, for a long time, for a set of card applications I had on my mind.  But, if my scores are going to drop like this, at the beginning, over gratuitous HPS, like this one.... I will come up way short of what I wanted.  I was about to have a whole year with no HP on TU, not because I couldn't think of single card I wanted to apply, but because I was positioning myself better for the ones I do.  It seems, all it takes is a careless, incompetent BofA analyst to ruin your best laid plans...

Message 8 of 31
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Gee, I am glad I was able to provide the over-night "entertainment" for you guys...  Anyway, I do have a problem with this because I have prepared, for a long time, for a set of card applications I had in my mind.  But, if my scores are going to drop like this, at the beginning, over gratuitous HPS, like this one.... I will come up way short of what I wanted.  I was about to have a whole year with no HP on TU, not because I couldn't think of single card I wanted to apply, but because I was positioning myself better for the ones I do.  It seems, all it takes is a careless, incompetent BofA analyst to ruin your best laid plans...

Im sorry about the hp. But a 14 point swing with where your credit is at is not that big of a deal.credit scores work in credit tiers. Usally anything over 750 does not make a difference at all cause your already in the best tier. How did boa pull your credit? I would honestly relax about 14 points most of which you will get back within 6 months.

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

bigblue7722 wrote: 

Im sorry about the hp. But a 14 point swing with where your credit is at is not that big of a deal.credit scores work in credit tiers. Usally anything over 750 does not make a difference at all cause your already in the best tier. How did boa pull your credit? I would honestly relax about 14 points most of which you will get back within 6 months.

Thank you for your words.  Although, telling someone who has been waiting for a whole year that all they have to do is now wait for an extra six months, is not as encouraging as you seem to think...Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.