cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to share your myFICO product experience?

tag
CAS2019
Frequent Contributor

Re: Want to share your myFICO product experience?

In all honesty, I wish “MyFICO” was widely known.  I came upon it by accident.  I signed up for the premium edition early in my credit build, as I was someone who had gone through life without any credit cards or loans.  When I had the opportunity to buy a condo, I had to suck it up and establish myself.  It took me a less than a year, but because I was able to track my credit progress, it was monumental in my credit build.  My mortgage credit scores from MyFICO was only one point off from the bank’s!  I personally think it should be a requirement for anyone looking to purchase a mortgage or other large loan.

Starting Score: 784
Current Score: 784
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Club Member" border="0" width="50" height="67" align="right">

Message 11 of 20
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:
While I don't pay for any monitoring service(s), I have paid for and used the one-time 1-B and 3-B products several times specifically from myFico.

Aside from having to unfreeze my Experian report before I'm able to purchase the one time 3-B report, I've not had any issues obtaining my reports from here, and they seem updated to real time when pulled.

It's been a very easy process every time I've purchased products!

No worries about the monitoring services, but happy to hear the buying process is easy for you to complete.

Message 12 of 20
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

@CAS2019 wrote:

In all honesty, I wish “MyFICO” was widely known.  I came upon it by accident.  I signed up for the premium edition early in my credit build, as I was someone who had gone through life without any credit cards or loans.  When I had the opportunity to buy a condo, I had to suck it up and establish myself.  It took me a less than a year, but because I was able to track my credit progress, it was monumental in my credit build.  My mortgage credit scores from MyFICO was only one point off from the bank’s!  I personally think it should be a requirement for anyone looking to purchase a mortgage or other large loan.

I'm so happy to hear! It was great that you found myFICO early on to then eventually help you get a mortgage. That's awesome. 

Message 13 of 20
jwa77
Contributor

I love the myFICO product.  I subscribe to the monthly 3B. My only complaint is that the alerts that we get from TransUnion are super vague and not as descriptive as Equifax or Experian.  The only example I can give you is that alerts coming from Equifax or Experian will always specify which account the alerts generate from.  However, TransUnion just says “the total balance of all your bank card accounts….”  My other issue is that two free credit monitoring products from my credit card companies will notify me ASAP when an inquiry goes through but your product takes a day or longer to notify me.

Message 14 of 20
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

@jwa77 wrote:

I love the myFICO product.  I subscribe to the monthly 3B. My only complaint is that the alerts that we get from TransUnion are super vague and not as descriptive as Equifax or Experian.  The only example I can give you is that alerts coming from Equifax or Experian will always specify which account the alerts generate from.  However, TransUnion just says “the total balance of all your bank card accounts….”  My other issue is that two free credit monitoring products from my credit card companies will notify me ASAP when an inquiry goes through but your product takes a day or longer to notify me.

Thanks for the feedback.

Message 15 of 20
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I have been a monthly 3B customer for over 3 yrs since my BK. It was great getting updates and seeing the progress being made during my rebuild after discharge. Coming from the mid 500's to 740-750. I got to see the timeline from rebuld to recovery. Also. I was able to cut off a zombie debt collector after getting an alert in a timely fashion. 3 days later they were toast.

On a side note. I wish the monthly pulls would show more details like the 1B shows. Example:

age.JPG

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an extremely negative experience if you're interested in constructive feedback to improve your product.  Probably the worst experience I've ever had with any online service (customer service related).  It left such a bad taste that to this day "myfico" brings back bad memories.  My wife and I used your product for over a year, so very familiar with it.  I was astonished a customer service rep would treat a long term customer so horribly.  The forums, on the the other hand, have been a great resource.  At this point, I would never recommend your subscription.  At least you have implemented online cancellation.  That took you way too long.

Message 17 of 20
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

@FireMedic1 wrote:

I have been a monthly 3B customer for over 3 yrs since my BK. It was great getting updates and seeing the progress being made during my rebuild after discharge. Coming from the mid 500's to 740-750. I got to see the timeline from rebuld to recovery. Also. I was able to cut off a zombie debt collector after getting an alert in a timely fashion. 3 days later they were toast.

On a side note. I wish the monthly pulls would show more details like the 1B shows. Example:

age.JPG

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad you've been able to rebuild.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico provides me with every type of Fico score that a lender could use, so i know i can be prepared for anything.  The wealth of information in my reports helped me quickly indentify issues and resolve them, by knowing everything in my credit profile. 

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I became a subscriber to Myfico back early 2015 when I decided to take charge of my credit.  I consider the monthly fees an investment that has paid off handsomely as I have accurate and complete knowledge of my credit situation at all times.  This has made me better understand how what I do impacts my credit allowing me to improve my scores by over 100 points which has given me access to more credit at much better terms than before saving thousands.  

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.