Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning - Capital One and AU

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: Warning - Capital One and AU

I don't see why they need the docs if they've already been removed. I could see them needing it in the future if they were added again, but as of now, the matter should be closed. CA is the primary account holder anyways and the one liable for the it. It can be tricky asking others for docs with their personal info. Since they are already taken off, they wouldn't even see a benefit for furnishing them now.
Message 41 of 64
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Basically, capital one is calling shady business for AU Piggybacking on my credit and I'm calling BIGGER shady business by asking for docs from people who have no liability, no account access, no cards, no nothing and by locking 2 additional accounts that were never involved and no part... they obviously win since they are the bank.

Message 42 of 64
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

But they made the decision to remove them after the accounts were locked. Removing them didn't cure the issue that caused the halt to begin with. The halt was the notion of potential fraud right?
Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 43 of 64
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

Piggybacking on your credit with no real access to actually use the cards can be considered fraudulent in the grand scheme of things. You have them as authorized but with no access they really aren't authorized. I see your point but I understand theirs too.
Message 44 of 64
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@lindsaydruart wrote:
But they made the decision to remove them after the accounts were locked. Removing them didn't cure the issue that caused the halt to begin with. The halt was the notion of potential fraud right?

They were calling adding the AU "Potential Fraud"

As soon as they locked the accounts, they also removed all AU including some that had been on my account for years.

They used "Fraud" as their legal protection to do what they were doing in my opinion.

When they were refusing to allow me to close my accounts, I feel they left any legal protection they had!

Message 45 of 64
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@lindsaydruart wrote:
Piggybacking on your credit with no real access to actually use the cards can be considered fraudulent in the grand scheme of things. You have them as authorized but with no access they really aren't authorized. I see your point but I understand theirs too.

Like I said, they called Shady business on me.

I called shady business on them.

we were able to go our separate ways today.

My issue was yesterday when they wouldn't unlock and wouldn't close... that left me in limbo and I felt violated my fair credit reporting rights.

Message 46 of 64
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

Ah well, will that hurt future business with them?
Message 47 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

Wow never heard of this lockdown from any lender due to AUs. Well except that one time someone got shutdown by Amex for selling AU lines......

+1. I think that Capital One probably thinks this is what is happening. Sorry it happened, CA.

Message 48 of 64
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

No the supervisor that closed my accounts this morning said that hopefully I will come back and do business with them in the future. I think this is the reason they were actually initially refusing to close my accounts because they won't be able to put a block in the system from automatically approving me new accounts. I'm gardening now though so I'll let the dust settle for some time.
Message 49 of 64
JSS3
Valued Contributor

What is "selling AU lines"???
Message 50 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.