Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: weird email from Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Warning: weird email from Discover

I received this as well. I think it has to do with ones tax return that I'm assuming we all recently filed...But I could be wrong.

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Dear **MY FIRST NAME**:
To meet government guidelines that require financial institutions to maintain current information about their customers, we are requesting that you update your profile. It's quick and easy.
We value you as a customer and thank you for choosing Discover.
Sincerely,
Julie Loeger
Executive Vice President

Got this email today from Discover.... checked and it's not a phishing email (links to discover.com properly, has my first name and last 4 of my card) but still strange.

I received this as well. I also received this in a letter from them via snail mail. They like to obtain this info per Dodd-Frank CARD Act so that they can offer you credit line increases. Per CARD Act, banks/financial institutions are required to obtain annual income for purposes of increasing credit each year. This seems to be Discover's way of obtaining this.

When you log into your online account management, you will probably see that they have also sent you a secure message requesting the information. It is legitimate.

I also received a similar request from Citibank when I logged into my thankyou Premier a few weeks ago. 

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received the same email this morning.
Message 23 of 29
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

It's an annual requirement to check for the info if it's not already there.  If you go into your profile and edit the portion where this is and save it you're good.  

4-13-2017 9-08-22 PM.jpg

Profile ->>> Edit Account Profile ->>>> Edit Income / Housing

When you're in the edit mode it looks like the CLI screen w/o the CLI to go with it :/

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you do a cash advance recently? I realized that my wife did a CA on the discover and that's the only reason I could come up with that would trigger the email.

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you do a cash advance recently? I realized that my wife did a CA on the discover and that's the only reason I could come up with that would trigger the email.

That has nothing to do with the email.  I received one as well and never have done a CA.  It is just a normal email from them trying to update profiles.

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

It's an annual requirement to check for the info if it's not already there.  If you go into your profile and edit the portion where this is and save it you're good.  

4-13-2017 9-08-22 PM.jpg

Profile ->>> Edit Account Profile ->>>> Edit Income / Housing

When you're in the edit mode it looks like the CLI screen w/o the CLI to go with it :/

I already have that info filled in and still received the email so....

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add info. I didn't get the email but I got an app notification a couple days ago.

My 12-month aniversay with my Secured Discover It is coming up next month, so I thought they were checking in to guage whether they are ready to graduate me to the unsecured card or give me a CLI.

Sadly, it appears they are just updating information.

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recieved an email and a letter in the mail. I made attemps to update my info online but continued to get the emails. I called customer service and provided the infomation and haven't recieved anymore emails.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.