cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was an AU for 5 years, then removed, then added back. Counts as new 5/24 card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was an AU for 5 years, then removed, then added back. Counts as new 5/24 card?

I was an AU on two cards for more than 5 years each then removed by accident. The mistake was caught a few months later and I was added back (to meet Citi Biz 5 year soft rule). The banks are C1 and Barclays, for reference. 

On EX, it shows both AU cards under the "closed accounts" section. However, both accounts are listed again under "open accounts" and have 5 years of on-time payments reported. This leads me to believe that Chase's system will not count these as new accounts and leave me at 4/24. 

Yes, I am aware that AU accounts do not technically count toward 5/24. I would like to avoid putting any additional eyes (e.g. recon) on my account though.

Has anyone been in this situation? TIA!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: Was an AU for 5 years, then removed, then added back. Counts as new 5/24 card?

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I am aware that AU accounts do not technically count toward 5/24. I would like to avoid putting any additional eyes (e.g. recon) on my account though.

A great deal of conflicting reports. Most say A accounts do count towards 5/24. Only biz accounts do not. Yes, there have been acceptions, but I would research it some more.

Also may want to wait a billnig cycle to see how all three update.

Good luck!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Was an AU for 5 years, then removed, then added back. Counts as new 5/24 card?

A great deal of conflicting reports. Most say A accounts do count towards 5/24. Only biz accounts do not. Yes, there have been acceptions, but I would research it some more.

Also may want to wait a billnig cycle to see how all three update.

Thanks for the reply. I've heard of the spotty reports for AU cards counting towards 5/24 with recon but the consensus seems to be that Chase's computer systems do count them toward 5/24 when making their instant decision.

I'm wondering if because these new AU accounts show 5 years of payments, if Chase's computer systems will include them in my 5/24 count when I apply online. My gut says no due to the payment history and I'd bet this would be an easy case for recon to make an exception for given the situation. 

Message 3 of 6
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

If it shows them over 2 years old when your report is pulled, they will not count. Sorry for confusion.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow... that's right. Feeling silly right now.

So for banks that backdate to account open, it will not count so long as the account has been open 24+ months? 

Message 5 of 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Right. If the account's opening date is more than two years ago, the card won't count against 5/24.

Of the banks frequently discussed here, AMEX is the only one I know of that uses the date the AU was added rather than the original opening date.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.