Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was told to call Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was told to call Chase

I had a post several weeks ago about my BP Visa by Chase being closed by Chase in a letter I received because they were not servicing the card after May 4.  Someone on here said they were switching to Synchrony. Idk

Anyway, I received a letter from Chase today to call them concerning my BP Visa account.  I double checked online and I have it paid off currently.  I called and they wanted to switch me to a different product.  They said my current credit line (1600) would be transferred.  They said I could choose the Slate or Freedom.  I asked if I could call back and they said yes by February 18.  I honestly just PIF my cards bc I had issues being irresponsible with debt when I was 18-22, which resulted in COs (one was chase).  Since I just use my cards like charge cards, does it really matter which one I chose?

I don't know anything about Chase products.  I also don't use my cards and shop according to categories, I just buy what I need and then send them a payment for what I purchased.   

FORGOT to add this, I guess there isn't anyway I could've just asked for my card to get switched to the BP cobranded card from Synchrony when they take over?  I thought that's what normally happens.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Was told to call Chase

If you treat your cards like charge cards and pay them off in full every month, I can't see what purpose the Slate would serve.

Go get your Freedom!

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slate doesnt have rewards.  Freedom gives 5% cash back as a statement credit or rewards points on categories that change quarterly and 1% on all other purchases.  MAke money from your regular spend if you can, you do not have to chase the categories to benefit from this card. 

Message 3 of 19
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you treat your cards like charge cards and pay them off in full every month, I can't see what purpose the Slate would serve.

Go get your Freedom!

^+1  the Slate is good for a balance transfer card, go for the Freedom,

I also think  that your current card will be picked up by Synchrony, good luck

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 4 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I heard this as well and co-worker has a BP with a 12k CL.. Asssume he will get the same offer or I guess he can just move the limit to another Chase card that he already has being CSP and or United.  He says he hasn't been notified yet.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a post several weeks ago about my BP Visa by Chase being closed by Chase in a letter I received because they were not servicing the card after May 4.  Someone on here said they were switching to Synchrony. Idk

Anyway, I received a letter from Chase today to call them concerning my BP Visa account.  I double checked online and I have it paid off currently.  I called and they wanted to switch me to a different product.  They said my current credit line (1600) would be transferred.  They said I could choose the Slate or Freedom.  I asked if I could call back and they said yes by February 18.  I honestly just PIF my cards bc I had issues being irresponsible with debt when I was 18-22, which resulted in COs (one was chase).  Since I just use my cards like charge cards, does it really matter which one I chose?

I don't know anything about Chase products.  I also don't use my cards and shop according to categories, I just buy what I need and then send them a payment for what I purchased.   

FORGOT to add this, I guess there isn't anyway I could've just asked for my card to get switched to the BP cobranded card from Synchrony when they take over?  I thought that's what normally happens.

You won't be able to ask for the card to be switched to the Synchrony card.  If you wanted that one you would have to apply separately for it.  I would take the others' suggestion and take them up on the Freedom offer.  It's a fantastic rewards card and perfect for you because you PIF.

Message 6 of 19
WillTeasle
Established Contributor

Freedom would definitely be the better option.

Though I'm wondering what that does as far as a sign-up bonus goes.  Might want to check with them and see if they'll offer you anything that way.  I think the current public sign-up bonus is something like 10,000 UR points (which can be redeemed for $100) after $500 in spend during the first 3 months.  If it was me, I'd tell them that I was interested in this card before the offer to change cards and would still like to receive the bonus.  No point in missing out on the potential for "free" money if it may be available.

Last HP: 01/10/19 | Latest Scores: EQ FICO8 - 850 | TU FICO8 - 850 | EX FICO8 - 850
Amex BC | Amex HHonors | Amex HHonors Aspire | Amex Marriott Business | Amex Platinum | BoA Alaska Airlines | CF | CFU | CSR | Chase Ink+ | Citi DC | Citi AA UP | Discover IT
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WillTeasle wrote:

Though I'm wondering what that does as far as a sign-up bonus goes.  Might want to check with them and see if they'll offer you anything that way.  I think the current public sign-up bonus is something like 10,000 UR points (which can be redeemed for $100) after $500 in spend during the first 3 months.  If it was me, I'd tell them that I was interested in this card before the offer to change cards and would still like to receive the bonus.  No point in missing out on the potential for "free" money if it may be available.

I asked on the phone if either of them came with any kind of sign up bonus and he said "no."  I think they just want me to keep my account with Chase.  It's fine, I'll just do the Freedom I guess.  I just liked the design of my BP card lol that's why I used it so much.....guess I'll have to pick my new favorite to put everything on....I'm a sucker for marketing  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 19
WillTeasle
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@WillTeasle wrote:

I asked on the phone if either of them came with any kind of sign up bonus and he said "no."  I think they just want me to keep my account with Chase.  It's fine, I'll just do the Freedom I guess.  I just liked the design of my BP card lol that's why I used it so much.....guess I'll have to pick my new favorite to put everything on....I'm a sucker for marketing  Smiley Very Happy

That's kind of a bummer.  Would've been nice if they offered to match the bonus or do something as a retention incentive.

Last HP: 01/10/19 | Latest Scores: EQ FICO8 - 850 | TU FICO8 - 850 | EX FICO8 - 850
Amex BC | Amex HHonors | Amex HHonors Aspire | Amex Marriott Business | Amex Platinum | BoA Alaska Airlines | CF | CFU | CSR | Chase Ink+ | Citi DC | Citi AA UP | Discover IT
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@WillTeasle wrote:

App for a Freedom then and move the CL. Simple.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.