Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washington Mutual CC?

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Washington Mutual CC?

What fico is required to get this card? i know people that have received it after filing bankruptcy....

i have a fico in the 500s and would like to transfer some balances...any suggestions?

i actually applied for another cap 1 card because i have great history with them...but i got a letter saying my cr wasnt even run because i have too many cap 1 accounts. go figure!
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Washington Mutual CC?

Still think you need to be close to 600 and have lower utl.

IMHO- may want to consider repair before rebuild-

@CreditDrama85 wrote:
What fico is required to get this card? i know people that have received it after filing bankruptcy....
i have a fico in the 500s and would like to transfer some balances...any suggestions?
i actually applied for another cap 1 card because i have great history with them...but i got a letter saying my cr wasnt even run because i have too many cap 1 accounts. go figure!

Message 2 of 20
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I apped for this with an Eq of 656 and was shot down.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to look at:

http://www.whogavemecredit.com/index.php?page=search.php&srch=name

and search under Washington Mutual, to compare what other people's score were and if they were accepted or declined.

Not definitive by any measure, but a good indicator.

And I agree with Timothy. You may want to work at getting your scores well above 600 before going for prime cards(I had to learn the hard way myself)
Message 4 of 20
NowIcare
Regular Contributor

Wamu is a weird one. I got approved for almost everyone else I applied but them...... and the weird thing is they pulled TU wich is my best not 1 neg and pretty low util 30% with a fako of 689 Got the letter they didnt give a reason they said "if you would like more info on your decline write to us in the next 30 days" ?????

I have seen people post getting approved with 500s and neg and BK I guess its a 50/50 dice roll LOL

NO SIGNATURE FOR ME
Message 5 of 20
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

And I consider my WaMu card as sub-prime as any card out there. I've had a $1K limit for years, never late, use the card consistently and pay in full or at least triple the minimum and I can't get these jokers to throw me a bone. I've always considered them to be a sneaky company..
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure of my FICO at the time, but I would imagine it was in the low 600s, or high 500s when I received a WAMU card...  Not only that, but my util was WAYYYYYYY high.  That's why I took the pre-approval, they had a 0% BT offer...  Can't pass that up.
Message 7 of 20
Watson1225
Valued Member

My credit limit has been stuck at $1500 for 2 years now with no credit increases from these clowns. The CSR's (if you can understand their attempt at the English language) are absolutely useless - they must be reading a script - and when I call for CLI's - always the same response - they are generated by the computer if you are eligible during the periodic account reviews. Last time I called, I asked for a number to speak with either a credit analyst, underwriter or the retention department. She proceeded with her script - how the computer decides.

Decided screw this...had received a pre-approval for the MasterCard and applied. They declined me!!! I am a Wamu checking customer, my PFICO on the Visa card shows 706 - and to add insult to injury - they sent me the insert to apply for a "secured" card!!! I blew a fuse, called customer service - they could not tell me why I was declined - but I would get ANOTHER letter. Maybe that is why their interest rates are so high - they need to pay postage on the multiple letters sent for declines.

I am about ready to send letters to Kerry Killinger, Stephen Rotella, and Anthony Vuotto to tell them where they can shove their friggin cards at this point.

A secured card?? I think not - I have NEVER had a secured card in my life. I was just approved by Chase this week for $5,000, have a card with BofA for $5000, FIA Fidelity $5,000 and Citi just gave me a card for $2000.

Paid my account in full this month and plan on using them maybe for a cup of coffee here and there.

Message Edited by Watson1225 on 11-08-2007 08:25 AM

Message Edited by Watson1225 on 11-08-2007 08:26 AM
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that if you talk to any person here, with cc's that you have also, that' you will find people who love them, and some that hate them. I hate my HSBC and Juniper card. Many here love them to pieces.  I happen to like my WaMu cards, boarding on love.  LOL

I received a Providian card 7 years ago. They were very generous with me and I wound up with a $3,200 CL. THEN WaMu bought them, and lowered my CL to $1,320 without even notifying me. I found out by looking at my Feb.2007 statement. And was automatically over the $1,320 cl!. I was so angry I called them up and complained and threatened to close the account. But I'm glad I didn't.

Since Feb. I've asked for a cli 3 times.....declined all 3 times.

In Sept. I received a pre-approved offer from them for a 0% thru Ja. 09. After that, 9.99% with no AF. Applied for it on phone, was told it'd take 3 weeks for consideration. I was fully expecting a decline, or best case, an acceptance of a $1,000 cl.

I received the cc 12 days later. I almost fainted when I saw the cl was $6,500.

I'm developing a theory, that, given any cc issued to you, the ccc has a range of credit available to you on that particular card. And I was maxed out in cl on the Providian/WaMu card. So the only way WaMu could increase my cl was to issue me a new card. Just a theory.

If you look at the Cap1 website in cc offerings, you'll see they promote 3classes of Visa Platinums: Cap1 Standard; Cap1 Platinum; Cap1 Prestiege. Each has a cl range.

Just my observations
Message 9 of 20
Watson1225
Valued Member

I tried applying for a different card with them figuring maybe I was at a max limit for my card. That is when they denied me and offered me a secured card!!! That is what has me so pissed with them - the denial I can deal with. I have opened much better cards than theirs with better APR's. It was the secured flier that got me steamed. Considering my PFICO with them is 706 - I am not sure why I was declined or what they are looking for.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.