Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washington Mutual

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Washington Mutual

Does anyone have experience with WAMU?? After a recent Business failure I am considering BK. (I have a mountain of Biz Debt that I personally guaranteed). If I BK a credit card from WAMU will it effect my banking relationship?? I have 3 bank accounts with WAMU and my BK atty has advised I include my WAMU card in the BK but I do not want any adverse reaction with my bank accounts (ie closure, charge off etc). Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Washington Mutual

This will not affect your non-credit accounts with WAMU-
If there are credit accounts with them- I would expect AA.

Neverstoppin wrote:
Does anyone have experience with WAMU?? After a recent Business failure I am considering BK. (I have a mountain of Biz Debt that I personally guaranteed). If I BK a credit card from WAMU will it effect my banking relationship?? I have 3 bank accounts with WAMU and my BK atty has advised I include my WAMU card in the BK but I do not want any adverse reaction with my bank accounts (ie closure, charge off etc). Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Timothy.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

it's the reverse for me...included the bank account debt in my ch.7 last year, and then received an invite for one of their cc visa lat month, applied for it, and got approved.

so it shouldn't be a problem, because the law protects you if your case is discharged....they cannot collect on a properly discharged account, that is the law. if they do so, then you will have a case against them and they will most likely end up paying you!

Message Edited by whoisjohngalt7 on 03-02-2008 07:42 PM
Message 4 of 6
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

First of all i would like to add my experience with Washington mutual bank,and hopefully this will help the others too . i used to have a checking acc with them long time ago so evevtually it went bad so i include them to my BK in 10-2005 . Last couple of months when i went to their branch to see what is the status of my previous acc i found it was include in BK,but i can not have a new checking acc with them until the previous acc paid off . Smiley Surprised  is this possible ?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditdream wrote:
First of all i would like to add my experience with Washington mutual bank,and hopefully this will help the others too . i used to have a checking acc with them long time ago so evevtually it went bad so i include them to my BK in 10-2005 . Last couple of months when i went to their branch to see what is the status of my previous acc i found it was include in BK,but i can not have a new checking acc with them until the previous acc paid off . Smiley Surprised  is this possible ?

Yes, of course it's possible.  No bank is under any obligation to open any type of account for anyone.  If you owe them money from an account gone bad in the past, they are within their rights to not want to do any more business with you until you make good on what they say you owe them, even if a judge has ruled that you no longer owe it.

Now, since it was included in BK, they are not allowed to attempt to collect on it, but they can still refuse your business.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.