Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways To Curve Your Itch To App

tag
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Ways To Curve Your Itch To App

I have been itching to app for The BuyPower and Sallie Mae. What I did today really helped.

Today I called up Wells Fargo to see if they offered Chip & Pin in all their credit cards.

They do so I go my card switched. They are over nighting it to me. Not offered on their debit cards yet.

it felt good knowing I'm getting a new card in the mail even though it's not a new account.

i then Logged onto Amex and got on the chat. 

They Are sending me replacement cards with Chip & Signature for my

Green Card

Blue Sky

Blue Cash

He said you can just log into your account and put in for replacement card and the one you will be sent is

Chip & Signature as all new Apps are being sent the Chip cards. Was told they don't have Pin yet.

if you have a lender that allow you to design your card, from time to time I will change my card image.

this is what helps me get thru those itchy times !!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
dlh4244
Valued Member

Re: Ways To Curve Your Itch To App

Very smart!
Message 2 of 13
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

Getting CLIs on your current cards is a nice way to make the app itch go away. 

CSP 10,000, Citi Forward 3400, Barclay Arrival+ 2750, BOA Travel Rewards 2700, Discover IT 1500, Chase Freedom 1000, Crap One 500
Message 3 of 13
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@jon22guitar wrote:

Getting CLIs on your current cards is a nice way to make the app itch go away. 

CLi are a good way but when I don't get a increase it makes me want to app for one because I was told NO and 2) because I want that extra limit now.lol

Message 4 of 13
Michael982
Contributor

The way to overcome the urge is to app for all the cars you want/need. This way you have nothing else to app for, well it atleast worked for me. lol

Freedom$6,000 CSP$11,000 IT$4,000 BCE$16,200 SallieMae$5,000 NFCU$14,000 Macys$1,000 United$5,000

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

I have been itching to app for The BuyPower and Sallie Mae. What I did today really helped.

Today I called up Wells Fargo to see if they offered Chip & Pin in all their credit cards.

They do so I go my card switched. They are over nighting it to me. Not offered on their debit cards yet.

it felt good knowing I'm getting a new card in the mail even though it's not a new account.

i then Logged onto Amex and got on the chat. 

They Are sending me replacement cards with Chip & Signature for my

Green Card

Blue Sky

Blue Cash

He said you can just log into your account and put in for replacement card and the one you will be sent is

Chip & Signature as all new Apps are being sent the Chip cards. Was told they don't have Pin yet.

if you have a lender that allow you to design your card, from time to time I will change my card image.

this is what helps me get thru those itchy times !!

Just did this last night myself.

Message 6 of 13
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

Start a count of days on your wall: ex. 73 days since last credit card app. Smiley TongueSmiley Very Happy

CSP 10,000, Citi Forward 3400, Barclay Arrival+ 2750, BOA Travel Rewards 2700, Discover IT 1500, Chase Freedom 1000, Crap One 500
Message 7 of 13
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

I will have to do that with Amex. I converted my Cap 1 Plat to QS so that helped. I can't wait to get my new card. I'm still wanting to app but that took the edge off. My SO's approval Tuesday night also made me smile but I really want new cards for me lol.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The itch... understand! Trying to be good and stay in the garden.
Message 9 of 13
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

If I started a website that allowed you to get faux approvals (just the approval messages) for, say, $5 a month, allowing you to "app" whenever you get the urge or as much as you please, how many of you would join? Smiley LOLHeartSmiley Wink

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.