Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways to Pay a CC Bill Safely

tag
newUser0
Established Contributor

Ways to Pay a CC Bill Safely

Hello guys,

Does anyone know which all CC Issuers are safe/Fine  (No AA effects) for paying the bill by mailing a MO to them?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Ways to Pay a CC Bill Safely

Chase seems to be the only one that is mentioned negatively in that context, but not sure how much people do this to get enough sample.  The advice on FT was one MO per envelope, which can lead to a lot of payments!

Message 2 of 12
newUser0
Established Contributor

Yeah!! Even I have read about Chase account clousures for MO Deposit.

But again, I also guess it would be additional headache to track these deposits safely and If they are lost in Mail or something it again takes a lot of time.

Have ever paid any CC with MO?

Message 3 of 12
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

FT has a lot more info on what you're trying to do. I could be wrong but I imagine you are MSing.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 4 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

FT has a lot more info on what you're trying to do. I could be wrong but I imagine you are MSing.

Yes, don't think that is a secret and OP posts there as well (or at least someone with the same username!)

Now that it's much harder to buy VRs to load at home, more are turning to MOs, and you quickly find you have a lot!

Message 5 of 12
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

One cannot take the MO to the post office/bank and cash it? Or does that defeat the purpose?
Message 6 of 12
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I seen the OP also mentioned in the other thread about spending a lot via MS.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 7 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
One cannot take the MO to the post office/bank and cash it? Or does that defeat the purpose?

Banks can get nervous about too many MO deposits and may shut you down.  If you have credit cards from them, they may shut them down as well.  Cashing them out just gives you larage quantities of cash which is no better (remember we are talking about maybe $20-50K per month, and you then have to pay the credit cards)

Message 8 of 12
newUser0
Established Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

I am even following FT. There was a thread about this but I am not able to find that now.

So just wanted to see here, if this forum members use MO for Bill Payment.

Message 9 of 12
newUser0
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

Yes, don't think that is a secret and OP posts there as well (or at least someone with the same username!)

Now that it's much harder to buy VRs to load at home, more are turning to MOs, and you quickly find you have a lot!

Smiley Tongue Whats your FT Handle Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.