Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web bank pre approval score way off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Web bank pre approval score way off?

Hello all, 

I checked for pre approvals from web bank about a month ago and I just got the letter in the mail stating my score was.... 489!!!!! I am so confused by this because my fico 8 scores are ex 687 eq 645 and tu695 mortgage fico is 665 and bank cars 645. What score did they use? Is this a mistake? Even my equifax specific score is over 620. I was looking to finance a dell laptop a while ago. 

any thoughts on this? Why this would be? What score did they use? Maybe it was from an old report from when my scores were much lower before getting some fraud and collections removed. (No more collections on my report!!)

3 REPLIES 3
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Web bank pre approval score way off?

They should have mentioned which scoring model they are using! If not you can call them and find out. Many banks even use their own internal score.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ouch. Internal score?

Message 3 of 4
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ouch. Internal score?

Mmhmm. Different banks like Chase (CARS), NFCU's and AMEX's own scoring cards are a few that are known. They take the data from the applicant and populate their own risk assessment when evaluating customers

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.