Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webbank (Dell/Lenovo)

tag
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Webbank (Dell/Lenovo)

Hey everyone!

Slowly, my computer is dying a painful death.  I've thought about replacing my desktop, but not sure if I want to put out all that money for the system I want/need.  I've seen on Dell and Lenovo's sites that their credit financing is done by Webbank.  Has anyone dealt with them?  Where do they pull from?  Is it best to use their financing options or just use a CC with an intro 0% rate and carry a balance for about 12 months?  Trying to line things up ahead of time.  Thoughts and suggestions appreciated as always!  THANKS!!

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: Webbank (Dell/Lenovo)

it will register as a subprime CFL.  you don't want to do this.

Message 2 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Are you planning on purchasing a variety of Lenovo/Dell products on a frequent or long term basis?

If you have any CC that earns you cash back (or other rewards) and has a 0% intro period on purchases for 12 months then that would be a better avenue.
Message 3 of 14
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

to expand on this, if they give you a $2K limit and you purchase something for $1.9K it will show close to 100% utilization and your scores will take a hit.  unless you plan on paying it down to under 10% in a week I see this as a solution for only the desperate

Message 4 of 14
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Thank you both for the replies.  No, I was just going to purchase a computer, probably not much more than that with either of them.  

I had not thought about a lower credit line and then the util reporting at max.  It's probably best to use this one, save up some, purchase and pay off a chunk of it and finance the rest with 0%.  

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Message 5 of 14
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@dsotm76 wrote:

Thank you both for the replies.  No, I was just going to purchase a computer, probably not much more than that with either of them.  

I had not thought about a lower credit line and then the util reporting at max.  It's probably best to use this one, save up some, purchase and pay off a chunk of it and finance the rest with 0%.  

off topic but take a look at the new dell xps 13 9360.  8th gen intel, 6 cores vs 4.  one of my rides is an M2 in alpine white, I cannot tell you how bad I want this lol.  works via a thunderbolt dock so you have a stellar desktop as well.  rated the top laptop for years, I have several of the 9350s, great machines.  get the pro + support with drop insurance. 

xps white.jpg

Message 6 of 14
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Oh wow!  I didn't need that temptation!!  Gosh...  LOL  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

To answer your question, I applied for this last April when I bought an XPS 2-in-1. This was before I found this forum and learned a ton of new info.

I took advantage of a 0% offer. To @bourgonne’s credit, if you have another card that offers rewards and 0% it makes more sense to do it that way or even potentially applying for a card with those benefits. At the time, I assumed I didn’t have much choice amongst cards and I had no 0% offers on my existing cards.

I applied for the card without it being part of a transaction. It was approved for $4K. They pulled Experian only. At the time my score was 696 and my overall utilization was around 88%. (I didn’t know to pay attention to statement cut dates and report dates until this forum.) It was the first inquiry in 24 months and I had no new cards during the same 24 month period. AAoA was likely in the 12 year category.

After three months, they auto-CLI me to $5500. The payment system is good enough. I haven’t had any issues with payments posting. I’ve read that they will not do manual increase request. It reports as a retail store card on all three bureaus for me though for others it has reported differently.

I buy PCs only when needed and don’t plan on retaining this card past April. Also, I never received a physical card.

I hope this info is helpful.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@dsotm76 wrote:

off topic but take a look at the new dell xps 13 9360.  8th gen intel, 6 cores vs 4.  one of my rides is an M2 in alpine white, I cannot tell you how bad I want this lol.  works via a thunderbolt dock so you have a stellar desktop as well.  rated the top laptop for years, I have several of the 9350s, great machines.  get the pro + support with drop insurance. 

xps white.jpg

I'm currently 6th gen both laptop and desktop. I wish I waited for the i7-8700 to come out for the latter...

OP, how comfortable are you with computers in general? I bought my current desktop fairly bare bones from Dell and added RAM, hard drives, etc. myself. Even if you add everything on day 1 it's cheaper than buying from an OEM directly, especially for an SSD. I'm not sure how much of a computer you need, but that's one way to help spread out the purchase without any shady financing.

Message 9 of 14
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@dsotm76 wrote:

xps white.jpg

I'm currently 6th gen both laptop and desktop. I wish I waited for the i7-8700 to come out for the latter...

OP, how comfortable are you with computers in general? I bought my current desktop fairly bare bones from Dell and added RAM, hard drives, etc. myself. Even if you add everything on day 1 it's cheaper than buying from an OEM directly, especially for an SSD. I'm not sure how much of a computer you need, but that's one way to help spread out the purchase without any shady financing.

I'm competant with computers in general.  I've swapped out things on my current desktop as needed, like hard drives and graphics cards.  Definitely something to consider.  What amped up basics would you suggest from Dell primarily, if you don't mind sharing?  :-)

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.