Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wedding Expenses - Best Card SUBs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wedding Expenses - Best Card SUBs

I’m in the process of making deposits and paying for wedding expenses, and am looking for suggestions regarding any good SUBs I could take advantage of. I am currently 2/24, and have the following:
- CSR
- CFU
- CF
- Amex Gold
I’m able to pay off any balances as I go, and right now am mainly doing this on my CFU. I’d like to try to rack up SUB points to use for a future honeymoon (location TBD). Remaining anticipated spend is about $10k, airport hub is MSP. Any and all suggestions are much appreciated.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Wedding Expenses - Best Card SUBs

How about the Savor?

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

How about the Savor?

Yeah I agree. Find an affiliate link that still has the $500 SUB though, it’s down to $300 directly from Cap now. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - would you suggest using the Savor until I hit minimum spend, and then go back to the CFU?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah the URs are more valuable than the base 1% rate on the Savor so I would definitely switch back to the CFU unless you want to get another card to get from another issuer to get another SUB to keep paying down the expenses.
Message 5 of 7
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks - would you suggest using the Savor until I hit minimum spend, and then go back to the CFU?

A lot of your expenses may trip the category spend with Savor. Reading the title of your post, Savor was the first thing that came to mind to me as well. If your catering codes as any type of restaurant, it should net you 4% on the cash back. (Your CSR would probably give you the bonus UR points if this is the case as well.) If renting a limousine, it would probably code as travel, so I'd use CSR for that. I'm not sure if things like venue rental or a DJ might trip the entertainment category for 4% on Savor, (This all depends on their processing coding.) but I suppose it's possible. I can't think of anything offhand for tuxedo rentals, flower arraingments, etc. Best bet is keep you eyes on the special offers on Amex and Chase, as they tend to throw florists and certain departments stores like Macy's, Saks, etc. and offer cash back on a certain amount purchased.

Welcome to MyFico and best wishes for the wedding!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah weddings... the sun is shinning, love is in the air, mom is crying tears of joy, and it’s the perfect time to hit SUBS. Good luck/Congrats on your wedding!

You have such a good stack of cards that it’s hard to recommend something lol Savor is good but does compete with your Gold later on. You have a CSR so a Platinum makes no sense. You could look at some of the high end Hotel or Airline cards.

I would maybe check flights to possible honeymoon places and see what you card you would aim for who services that.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.