Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Barclay online account management issue

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Weird Barclay online account management issue

In all honesty, I do not utilize SM like I should for the most part because I was spending on cards that required the 3 and 4k spend for bonus. Barlcays told me it was all the new cards that created the AA. The longer I think about this I am starting to care less. It was just the inital shock one AA for the first time and seeing a card that had 14% uti skyrtocket to 97%. 

Just like barclays is sensitive to new accounts I am overally sensitive about way too many things in life. If I can just learn to take it is a business decesion and nothing personal id be much better off. 

But I just get really erked with barcalys cause their reps are sometimes so rude and condescending to me. Usually its always a good experience but the few times it has not, I have literally had to clamp my mouth shut and take a breathe before wanting to say to the few women i dealt with over there I hope you go to #### and #### u and ### u. hot tempered over her sometimes lol 

Message 41 of 44
ddemari
Super Contributor

i guess barclays does not want to help me out. No call back from the eo, she said she would call me back by the end of the day 3
Days ago. I followed up yesterday and left a vm, no call back still
Message 42 of 44
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Was just checking my Barclay account and my available credit is $750 less than my limit. No new transactions are pending. I just paid the card off with a balance transfer + money from my bank. It was highly maxed(2700/3000)for the last 3 months due to a balance transfer onto it upon opening.

Since opening 5 months ago, I got 2 other cards and 2 inqs on TU.

I haven't used the card for purchases in the last 3 months.

My Discover reported to the bureaus with 75% UTIL but my other four cards have been zeroed out. It just needs to update.

Currently it's showing I'm 28% overall UTIL(when I got Barclays I was 23%). Once the other cards report the 0 balances, I'll be at 14 with only one card reporting.

My Fico has shot up since getting approved. Barclay Fico went from 680-725.

Hoping it's a glitch.
Message 43 of 44
JSS3
Valued Contributor

...and right after sending that off, it's back to the correct available credit and limit(3,000/3,000).

*whew*

Weird things/messages show up when you log into your accounts before 6am. Either stuff is temp unavailable or inaccurate info.

If it was a CLD, would the available credit get slashed first or the limit?. With my issue, the limit was still 3,000. It just said available credit was 2,250.

I plan to make this my everyday card now that the BT is paid off. Want to also use it for loading Serve. Will always PIF since 6 month intro is up next month.
Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.