Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Comenity Experience..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird Comenity Experience..

This morning I had logged into Informed Delivery @ USPS to see what mail I had incoming.  Noticed I had 3 letters incoming from Comenity.  Seeing as I already received the letters from them earlier in the month from trying to go 3x instead of 2x on my cards, I got a little curious as to why I had mail incoming.  Just so happens, I have 3 store cards with them and I just got a TR Visa this month.  But after reading all the horror stories of people branching out and blah blah, I figured I was safe since my store cards are almost 2 years old (and got PPC around that time as well) and they didn't care then about the close applications bunched, that it shouldn't necessarily reflect poorly on the Visa now.

I proceeded to try logging in my accounts.  TR logged right in while my store cards; OS, WF & HSN, all told me no account found.  Instantly started thinking that they closed my store cards.  Tried recovering and the email code wasn't working, so it forced me to play seek with my phone to have the code text to me.  Upon entering the code, they allowed me to use the same pw that was already stored in Chrome to reset my pw to and logged right on in - np!  The limits untouched and funds fully available.  Called in and the robo lady had all the same information, along with the related sites indicating limits were available as well.

It would appear that all my store cards had their passwords changed or something with out me getting notified about it.  And I know they email regarding that because about an hour later all the emails started bombarding me about account changes and the codes I had requested.  Only thing I can think of is that possibly had it to do with me enabling ebills @ NFCU for them and I had disabled/enabled a few times and I do believe I had them setup else where too.  Maybe a security precaution?   

I ened up getting the mail and the letters were nothing more but apparent duplicate copies of denial reasons on the 3x that I had already received.  Thought maybe they were going to shed some light onto this, but nope.  Figured I'd ask here if anyone else ever experienced this before I called in and possibly drew unwanted attention to my accounts and/or got fed some non sense reasoning from a CSR that has no clue.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Weird Comenity Experience..

Sounds like fraud or someone hacking your accounts. Passwords shouldnt just change themselves?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Sounds like fraud or someone hacking your accounts. Passwords shouldnt just change themselves?

Yeah, only problem with that theory is Comenity sends notifications upon password changes.  So not sure how it could have gotten changed from either myself or an unauthorized user with out me getting that notification though.  Which is why I kinda ruled that out and heavily believe it was done on their side.

Do passwords like expire or something with them?  And instead of a valid reasoning being given and/or a form prompting to change it, they just say invalid account information and assume people would do what I did?  And that's attempt to reset the pw?  /shrug

Message 3 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I get time to chsnge your password notices from Boa and WF but no forced changes. Never had an issue with my Comenity Zales card either
Message 4 of 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
 "Never had an issue with my Comenity Zales card either"

Neither Have I !!, probably due to the fact that "I do not have one" LoL

#AverageJoeLookingForDWhaveBlackZalesCardHeart

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.