Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird conversation with U.S. Bank!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird conversation with U.S. Bank!

So maybe some of you knew this or not...but I didn't know. When I log in to my US Bank app or online, my credit line for my US Bank Cash + does not show at all. Thought it was a glitch and called to ask why. The rep AND supervisor said that because it is a VISA Signature card, the credit limit will now show. He said this is because I will be allow to go over the limit but not known when the charges will start getting declined. This does not make sense, but I guess. He even confirm he doesn't agree on why it was set up that way with US Bank. This is weird, knowing that I can over my $1k limit but at some point, charges will start getting declined. I'm not sure how much I can charge before that happens...lol going in blind I guess. I won't go over, just being funny...but so weird and never heard of a bank doing this. I know AMEX lets you check how much you could charge, BUT, the actual limit shows on your account.
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Weird conversation with U.S. Bank!

Yeah the double dash for a credit line threw me off. Call the number on the back of the card and the automated system will tell you your revolving limit. All Visa Signature cards are supposed to be flexible spending cards that allow you to exceed your credit line (but you cannot revolve that amount, so you must pay the card below your credit limit on the next due date). Usually it’s about 10-20% over the established line but some lenders will let you go well over that.
Message 2 of 29
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

This actually makes what K-in-Boston mentioned in his US Bank approval post earlier today more sense when he said "Called the automated account info line on the back of my card this afternoon (online Visa Signature cards just show — for a limit with US Bank)" because I thought it was weird the way he worded it. But agreed I don't even see the benefit of that at all it seems to be more of a hinderance more than anything.

Edit: he beat me to it lololol

Message 3 of 29
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir I’m everywhere!

Sorry about the confusion on that. I missed a comma after “online” and with the new skin there was no separation on the dashes. It looks like this:

AVAILABLE CREDIT:      - -

Message 4 of 29
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@simplynoir I’m everywhere!

Sorry about the confusion on that. I missed a comma after “online” and with the new skin there was no separation on the dashes. It looks like this:

AVAILABLE CREDIT:      - -

Understandable. We're all trying to navigate this new forum layout for better or worse.

Message 5 of 29
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Weird.

My Visa Siggys (not US Bank) show as regular cards online, on paper statements, and on my credit reports.

Yes, you can go over the limit with no fees or penalties, but I hope to God I never have to.  

Smiley Surprised

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 6 of 29
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

My Visa Siggys (not US Bank) show as regular cards online, on paper statements, and on my credit reports.

Most if not all of my Visa Signature, World MasterCard and World Elite MasterCard cards appear as Flexible Spending Credit Card on my credit reports.  Your 3 CapOne cards certainly should, as my VentureOne WMC and Quicksilver WMC do.  Other than Amex charge cards, this is my first experience with a credit limit not being listed online, though.

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s all good, i just never heard or seen this on a credit card “not being able to see the CL aim the app or online” before.
Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont understand Us bank at all. Very weird experience with them as well so far. 

My online account shows exact the same thing and i also thought its a glitch. I received my both cards in the mail yesterday and one is a cash+ visa signature card although in the letter it says it has a limit of just 1000$. I was given choice to enroll in 5% , 2% categories and i chose cellphones & fastfood , gas . Paid my sprint bill with it. I thought after activating it i can see some details but no! Its just like this . 

Btw no word on the bonus yet. I faxed the information on 20th october. Couple of people have reported on CK and other forums that US bank was not seeing bonus offer attached their account even though they were prequalified for it before approval and used the link to apply20171028_203943.png

Message 9 of 29
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So maybe some of you knew this or not...but I didn't know. When I log in to my US Bank app or online, my credit line for my US Bank Cash + does not show at all. Thought it was a glitch and called to ask why. The rep AND supervisor said that because it is a VISA Signature card, the credit limit will now show. He said this is because I will be allow to go over the limit but not known when the charges will start getting declined. This does not make sense, but I guess. He even confirm he doesn't agree on why it was set up that way with US Bank. This is weird, knowing that I can over my $1k limit but at some point, charges will start getting declined. I'm not sure how much I can charge before that happens...lol going in blind I guess. I won't go over, just being funny...but so weird and never heard of a bank doing this. I know AMEX lets you check how much you could charge, BUT, the actual limit shows on your account.

You probably know this, but the limit does print on the monthly statement. 

There should not be an issue going over the limit, you just have to pay the minimum payment along with all the amounts over the limit, by the following due date. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.