Did you mean: 

Weird conversation with U.S. Bank!

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Weird conversation with U.S. Bank!

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
So maybe some of you knew this or not...but I didn't know. When I log in to my US Bank app or online, my credit line for my US Bank Cash + does not show at all. Thought it was a glitch and called to ask why. The rep AND supervisor said that because it is a VISA Signature card, the credit limit will now show. He said this is because I will be allow to go over the limit but not known when the charges will start getting declined. This does not make sense, but I guess. He even confirm he doesn't agree on why it was set up that way with US Bank. This is weird, knowing that I can over my $1k limit but at some point, charges will start getting declined. I'm not sure how much I can charge before that happens...lol going in blind I guess. I won't go over, just being funny...but so weird and never heard of a bank doing this. I know AMEX lets you check how much you could charge, BUT, the actual limit shows on your account.

You probably know this, but the limit does print on the monthly statement. 

There should not be an issue going over the limit, you just have to pay the minimum payment along with all the amounts over the limit, by the following due date. 

Yes, this topic comes up from time to time, because the US Bank choice is, um, so interesting!   They don't put the limit at that point on the website, but put it on the statement available online, and by phone etc.   So the lack of consistency is strange.

BTW: it appears that some issuers no longer include flexible spending with their WE/WEMC/VS cards, although they may still show up that way on the credit report.

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does the Cash+ report and how does it handled reporting utilization?
Message 12 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
How does the Cash+ report and how does it handled reporting utilization?

On the CR it reports with a credit limit, like nearly all other cards do today.  The "---" stuff is only on their online screen!

But US Bank is one of those that reports on the business day near the end of the month, regardless of statement date.

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that weird reporting cycle is one reason I haven't accepted any offers from them -- I typically get my income around the 5th each quarter and nothing else until the next quarter, so I like my due dates to fall on the 8-11th and statements a few days after.

Not that it is a huge deal, I don't buy what I can't pay for, but it's still easier for me to manage cash flow.

I did notice my AAoA chart tells me it makes more sense to add an account in 2017 than wait until later due to the aging effect of doing it sooner. I am hoping to get to 3 year AAoA in December 2019 but that means I need to snag Amex, US Bank and one more before April and I like to keep the apps all 2 months apart which helps keep my AAoA higher than 12 months.

Tempting for sure. Probably would get a useless $500 CL but I'd like to get in with a conservative bank.
Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont understand Us bank at all. Very weird experience with them as well so far. 

My online account shows exact the same thing and i also thought its a glitch. I received my both cards in the mail yesterday and one is a cash+ visa signature card although in the letter it says it has a limit of just 1000$. I was given choice to enroll in 5% , 2% categories and i chose cellphones & fastfood , gas . Paid my sprint bill with it. I thought after activating it i can see some details but no! Its just like this . 

Btw no word on the bonus yet. I faxed the information on 20th october. Couple of people have reported on CK and other forums that US bank was not seeing bonus offer attached their account even though they were prequalified for it before approval and used the link to apply20171028_203943.png

I'm also waiting on the bonus reponse.  So annoying!!

Message 15 of 29
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

...Btw no word on the bonus yet. I faxed the information on 20th october. Couple of people have reported on CK and other forums that US bank was not seeing bonus offer attached their account even though they were prequalified for it before approval and used the link to apply...

I'm also waiting on the bonus reponse.  So annoying!!

@Anonymous and @Anonymous any luck with your bonuses? When I click Rewards Details next to Rewards Balance, I'm seeing $120 or so next to Bonus Rewards Since Last Statement so it appears that I'll be seeing it on my statement next week. 

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

K-In-Boston, i received only checking account bonus of 200$ and monetary relief response after i filed CFPB complaint for checking bonus from USBANK but have not received bonus for credit cards yet and they still have not responded to my CFPB complaint about my Credit Card bonuses. They have 15 days to 60 days to respond. Strange that for my one CFP B compaint they responded in 2 days and the other they have not responded yet.
Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

K-In-Boston , Finally today USBANK closed my CFPB credit card complaint with a letter of apology and 200$ monetary relief for each of the cards. That means they have agreed to pay me the bonuses Smiley Happy)

I have heard that if we wait to withdraw 100$ rewards we get additional 25$ giftcard ? I need to research this further. Can anyone here give more information on this? Thanks!

Message 18 of 29
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

give it some time i can see my credit line now Smiley Tongue

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 19 of 29
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

US Bank actually does post your credit limit online.

I have a US Bank flex perks Travel card.

You must use the Flex Perks App in order to see it and It offers a more detailed view with more options then the standard login used to check checking/savings accounts.

Even if you dont have a Flexperks credit card. You can actually see you the app. I used it for my secured card with them.

As far as the bonuses go. Have you tried calling them.

I got my bonus 3 days after I hit the required spend.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.