Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird reason for denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird reason for denial

So I've had my eye on the Barnes and Noble MC (Barclay) for quite some time now. I decided to app today and got a strange reason for denial,

-Sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclay Bank Delaware

In evaluating your application, the consumer reporting agency listed below provided us with information that in whole or in part influenced our decision. The reporting agency played no part in our decision other than providing us with credit information about you, and is unable to supply specific reasons why we have denied credit to you. Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you have a right to know the information provided to us. It can be obtained by contacting: NO BUREAU, NO ADDRESS, NO CITY, XX  000000, 555-555-5555.

Anyone ever get a denial letter like this before?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Weird reason for denial

Do you already have Barclays credit products?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have the Apple Financing Visa. I have about $200 on it (which I just paid but hasn't posted yet) and a limit of $650. But I would think that having sufficient available credit would be a good thing

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I have the Apple Financing Visa. I have about $200 on it (which I just paid but hasn't posted yet) and a limit of $650. But I would think that having sufficient available credit would be a good thing

"Sufficient Available Credit" is code for "As much credit as we're willing to extend at this time."

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. That makes more sense! I can live with that. I thought they were saying I had too much available credit. Thanks for clearing that up for me  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OK. That makes more sense! I can live with that. I thought they were saying I had too much available credit. Thanks for clearing that up for me  Smiley Happy

Well, it can certainly mean that too. But, given that they didn't use information contained in your credit reports to come to that decision, it far more likely that they've just capped the amount of credit that they're willing to extend internally.

Message 6 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

"Sufficient Available Credit" is code for "As much credit as we're willing to extend at this time."

I got the same reason when I was denied for CLI requests on my 2 BoA cards.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.