Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to Prime Land!

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Re: Welcome to Prime Land!

@Redissochi wrote:

Ok so I first want to thank this website and ALL of the members who actively contribute because of you guys I have turned my credit score around from 545 (Jan 2011) to Well over 700. I went on letter writing campaigns, PFD letters and so on and got all my baddies removed!! Currently I have a Secured card from Crap 1 and the No hassles card, Orchard, Walmart, Car Care, Care credit, Lenscrafters, QVC, JC Penneys, Amazon and PP Smart Connect. I started with the very low limits between $400-700.Now all my limits are well over $1500 and mind you all these cards have been received this year, PP Smart connect is my oldest, apped in Nov 11 started at $800 now at $1500. I apped for prime cards earlier in rebuilding and gor denied consistantly, now yesterday I got the itch again and pulled the trigger and apped for the Discover card. Instead of getting the usual 7-10 days message it had me verify info from my credit report, I was like hmmmm interesting. Then it asked me to call a financial analyst and also set up online access. I called the analyst, he asked me about AAoA and my inquries and then told me: WELL WE CAN APPROVE YOU FOR $1000 FOR THE DISCOVER MORE CARD!!!  I nearly jumped for joy before I realized I was still at work LOL. I know its not a super high limit but I am in the door! This time last year Discover would not even let me smell one of their cards, now they are letting me in the door and Myfico.com I am forever grateful!!! :-)

Congrats on your credit journey, ur success, and approval with Discover. I started my history from zero back in january and now i just got my Discover in the mail today & i couldnt have done it with out this forum! Smiley Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 11 of 23
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 12 of 23
beb86
Valued Contributor

congrats on your approval

Message 13 of 23
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Way to go!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 14 of 23
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the fruits of all your hard work! Discover is a great company to do business with... welcome to the discover family!!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 23
Imua
Frequent Contributor

congratulations Redissochi!

you've worked hard to improve your credit and you're starting to reap the rewards Smiley Happy

hana hou (good job!)

ETA:  that's why i chose my nick here on myFICO, "Imua" - Hawaiian for KEEP GOING, GO FORWARD... i wanted and needed to keep improving my credit, going forward, not backward/// just what you've done

Message 16 of 23
RonDawg
Contributor

Congrats!

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 17 of 23
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  

And Welcome to Discover!  I agree with others that they're very decent to do business with, treat them well and they seem to do the same in return.  Smiley Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats ! I app for 1 too and got approved for $5500 dunno how but I have 2 liens and 1 judgment that are paid 1 late in the past 12 months and lates in the past even 90 days late!! 

Message 19 of 23
HiLine
Blogger

Welcome to the Discover family! You took the time to research this topic, and made the effort to build up the credit history! Congratulations on getting the fruits of your labor. It's harvest season!!!

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.