Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well I stepped out of the Garden.......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I stepped out of the Garden.......

So I decided to step out of the Garden and app for yet another AmEx.

I have all my reports froze and tried to app with AmEx to see what happened, and when the lady submitted my app over the phone she said she was unable to get a decision at that time, so I said to her, ""Oh yeah, I just remembered my EX report is froze"" she said, yes, that's probably the reason.

So I called EX got a temp PIN and called AmEx New Accounts back and gave them the PIN, the rep pulled my EX report and instantly said Congratulations, you've been approved.

I apped for the HiltonHH Honors card, it has no AF and a promo for 40,000 bonus points if I spend 750 in the first 90 days which will be no problem, I would like to start traveling and visiting different places in the future, so I think this card is a good fit for me.

Not to mention this is my fourth Card with AmEx backdated to 91, so I now have 84 years of history listed on my reports with AmEx alone LOL!!! (Well, I will once this card is reported). This Hilton Card will be my oldest AmEx since the open date will be listed at 2/1991 and my BC is listed as opened 3/1991, you just have to love backdating.

My BCP CL is 12,400

BC CL is 7,500

PR Gold NPSL

HiltonHH Honors is 5,000

I just closed two of my crap cards I got when rebuilding, so I lost 900 revolving credit, but just got a CLI from PayPal SC Card from 2150>3500 and now the HiltonHH card @ 5K, so I've made up the 900 I lost plus added 5,450,  I believe this will put my total avail revolving credit right around 60K, not including my PR Gold.

I had been thinking really really hard lately about getting another AmEx, and I finally caved last night at did it, I see it this way, I got a HP on EX, but once the Hilton is listed on my reports, the backdating of 21 years will wipe away any negative affect of the inq due to the backdating, and maybe, just maybe, this card will put my TU over the 800's??

Just wanted to share, thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Well I stepped out of the Garden.......

Wow, congrats on the approval, that is fantastic !!!    And the 40K Hilton points is a sweet bonus too !    Any idea what your AAoA is now ?  I'm sure it will get a boost from this new card....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizzadude wrote:

Wow, congrats on the approval, that is fantastic !!!    And the 40K Hilton points is a sweet bonus too !    Any idea what your AAoA is now ?  I'm sure it will get a boost from this new card....

@on TU my AAoA's is like 8.4 years, but of course FICO rounds down AAoA's, so it's technically 8 years, my EQ is @ 7.6 years IIRC (rounding down 7 yrs) and EX 8.7 years (again rounding down 8 years)

This will be my 15th TL on my TU report so I may gain a year putting me at 9 yrs AAoA's, I wont see a huge boost of AAoA's because I have so many TL's listed on my reports, but any boost to my AAoA's is welcomed.

Thanks for the replySmiley Happy

Message 3 of 29
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Congrats on the new card! I may get a Hilton card in the future because I love to travel. Let me know how you like it.

P.S. Are you really into Mustangs? I drove one for 4 years and loved it but have since upgraded to an SUV. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 4 of 29
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@on TU my AAoA's is like 8.4 years, but of course FICO rounds down AAoA's, so it's technically 8 years, my EQ is @ 7.6 years IIRC (rounding down 7 yrs) and EX 8.7 years (again rounding down 8 years)

This will be my 15th TL on my TU report so I may gain a year putting me at 9 yrs AAoA's, I wont see a huge boost of AAoA's because I have so many TL's listed on my reports, but any boost to my AAoA's is welcomed.

Thanks for the replySmiley Happy

Yep, that is true ~ as you get more accounts the AAoA effect ( positive or negative ) of any new account is diluted somewhat.   Hopefully it will push you over the 9 year mark !

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@frogfan12 wrote:

Congrats on the new card! I may get a Hilton card in the future because I love to travel. Let me know how you like it.

P.S. Are you really into Mustangs? I drove one for 4 years and loved it but have since upgraded to an SUV. 

I will let you know how I like the card for sure.

And yes I'm into Mustangs, here's a pic of my baby, I have over 7K in aftermarket high performance parts added to her, she's a pretty quick car, it's a 2006 Mustang GT with 33,600 miles.

Message 6 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I decided to step out of the Garden and app for yet another AmEx.

I have all my reports froze and tried to app with AmEx to see what happened, and when the lady submitted my app over the phone she said she was unable to get a decision at that time, so I said to her, ""Oh yeah, I just remembered my EX report is froze"" she said, yes, that's probably the reason.

So I called EX got a temp PIN and called AmEx New Accounts back and gave them the PIN, the rep pulled my EX report and instantly said Congratulations, you've been approved.

I apped for the HiltonHH Honors card, it has no AF and a promo for 40,000 bonus points if I spend 750 in the first 90 days which will be no problem, I would like to start traveling and visiting different places in the future, so I think this card is a good fit for me.

Not to mention this is my fourth Card with AmEx backdated to 91, so I now have 84 years of history listed on my reports with AmEx alone LOL!!! (Well, I will once this card is reported). This Hilton Card will be my oldest AmEx since the open date will be listed at 2/1991 and my BC is listed as opened 3/1991, you just have to love backdating.

My BCP CL is 12,400

BC CL is 7,500

PR Gold NPSL

HiltonHH Honors is 5,000

@I just closed two of my crap cards I got when rebuilding, so I lost 900 revolving credit, but just got a CLI from PayPal SC Card from 2150>3500 and now the HiltonHH card @ 5K, so I've made up the 900 I lost plus added 5,450,  I believe this will put my total avail revolving credit right around 60K, not including my PR Gold.

I had been thinking really really hard lately about getting another AmEx, and I finally caved last night at did it, I see it this way, I got a HP on EX, but once the Hilton is listed on my reports, the backdating of 21 years will wipe away any negative affect of the inq due to the backdating, and maybe, just maybe, this card will put my TU over the 800's??

Just wanted to share, thanks for reading.

Smiley Surprised

Congrats Stang!!!! Now you can come int othe garden for a long stay with us!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@frogfan12 wrote:

I will let you know how I like the card for sure.

And yes I'm into Mustangs, here's a pic of my baby, I have over 7K in aftermarket high performance parts added to her, she's a pretty quick car, it's a 2006 Mustang GT with 33,600 miles.

Nice ride there!!! Bet that drives the ladies crazy!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 29
dharalex
Established Contributor

Nice car! Wouldn't work in our midwestern winters, but I would still love a ride! Lol
Amex is the only card that could make me leave the garden! I'm not....but that's what I would get if did. Hmmm

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 29
Open123
Super Contributor

Congrats!

In my estimation, with backdating especially to the extent you have it, it's always a good idea to add an AmEx.  More aaoa, credit line, and lower utilization.  Anyway, with AmEx, they've go so many different rewards that it makes sense to have a Charge card, hotel rewards card, airline card, and your run-of-the mill no fee cash card.

PS - Betraying my age here, but my very first car was a Mustang 5.0 (1988).  You guys remember that one?  

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.