Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, Its time to get back to the garden

tag
notmyj
Regular Contributor

Well, Its time to get back to the garden

In the past 3 months, me and Chase have become good friends. On a whim, I app'ed for a CSP, got instant for $5k. Then app'ed for a Barclay Arrival an hour later, Instant $4k. Then app'ed for Amex SPG. Declined. After some arm twisting, they caved and gave me $1k. 30 days later Chase sent me a pre approval for the United Explorer. Online app, Instant $5k. 

Last night I decided to app for an Ink Plus. Got the 10-30 day message. Called this AM and spent a 10 min on the phone, answered quetions about business (part time, sole prop, lawn care, 3 years old) and was approved for another $5k. 

At the time of the Ink approval my CSP is damn near maxed (gonna be PIF on friday) 2500 on the United Explorer. I am showing a total of 42% util right now. Scores right around 670 due to high util reporting. I am gonna wait a year before I do anything else, Work on paying the rest of the stuff off. Apperantly, one you get in with Chase and show some heavy use, they will really like you. They Keep sendng me offers for the slate and freedom, but the 50k bonus points on the Ink are what I was going for. Looking to get free airfare to the Caribean this fall for the honeymoon. The 5x catagories and 50k bonus in addition to the 45k I have now should make this a slam dunk. May start shooting for free nights on the honeymoon too.

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Well, Its time to get back to the garden

@notmyj wrote:

In the past 3 months, me and Chase have become good friends. On a whim, I app'ed for a CSP, got instant for $5k. Then app'ed for a Barclay Arrival an hour later, Instant $4k. Then app'ed for Amex SPG. Declined. After some arm twisting, they caved and gave me $1k. 30 days later Chase sent me a pre approval for the United Explorer. Online app, Instant $5k. 

Last night I decided to app for an Ink Plus. Got the 10-30 day message. Called this AM and spent a 10 min on the phone, answered quetions about business (part time, sole prop, lawn care, 3 years old) and was approved for another $5k. 

At the time of the Ink approval my CSP is damn near maxed (gonna be PIF on friday) 2500 on the United Explorer. I am showing a total of 42% util right now. Scores right around 670 due to high util reporting. I am gonna wait a year before I do anything else, Work on paying the rest of the stuff off. Apperantly, one you get in with Chase and show some heavy use, they will really like you. They Keep sendng me offers for the slate and freedom, but the 50k bonus points on the Ink are what I was going for. Looking to get free airfare to the Caribean this fall for the honeymoon. The 5x catagories and 50k bonus in addition to the 45k I have now should make this a slam dunk. May start shooting for free nights on the honeymoon too.

You've been a busy bee...lol. Congrats on your approvals...but watch out because the myFICO ERT has you in their radar...lol.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 2 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice run, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Very nice job 

See you back in the garden 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 11
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

sounds like 5 inquiries in 3 months?

This reminds me a question I always want to ask. How many recent inquireies is too many to apply for a new card? If I apply for 3 cards at once, then ask for CLI on another card in the same month, is it possible (requesting CLI after 3 recent inquires)? to be specific, thats Amex BCE first CLI after 61 days

Message 5 of 11
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats on all your successes!

See you in the garden..Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 11
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

You've had some very nice approvals. But now it's definitely time to head over to the garden... see you there. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 7 of 11
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@notmyj wrote:

Congrats on all your approvals but be careful Barclays is said to be a very jealous soul..

Starting scores after BK (Filed 4/18/24) EQ , TU , EX

Current Scores EQ TU EX Goal 700+ across
UTL
Last Inq:
Message 8 of 11
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@notmyj wrote:

Way to Go!!!! I haven't heard many bad things about Chase. I will try them again in 6 months!

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 11
notmyj
Regular Contributor

I have to say, every time I have called them, they have been the nicest people. Very accomodating, and willing to help with what ever your problem is. I am really going to be making the Chase cards my goto cards plus the Ultimate Reward Points are some of the best you can get. I may wait 6 months then app for the Ink Bold during small business week, they up the bonus to 70k points. That would be a nice bump in the points balance.

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.