cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, got my first denial. And it sucks...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Well, got my first denial. And it sucks...

I think this thread has reached its usefulness and instead of beating a dead horse and bringing everyone down, perhaps it's time to lock this thread? That's my opinion, and its been really tough to read some of these hurtful comments and bringing down other fine forum users. 

Message 121 of 127
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Agreed w above. Time to let this and the other chase threads go and move on. We've discussed it enough.
Message 122 of 127
red259
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
Agreed w above. Time to let this and the other chase threads go and move on. We've discussed it enough.

I disagree. I mean its all been debated etc, but I don't think it is really appropriate for people to say close the thread or move on. If someone is tired of the thread there is no obligation to read it or respond to it. This happens over and over and all that ends up happening is a new thread is started, People should be respectful to each other, but as I mentioned if someone is tired of the thread then just don't read it. Others who don't check the forums as often may want to chime in. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 123 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

I disagree. I mean its all been debated etc, but I don't think it is really appropriate for people to say close the thread or move on. If someone is tired of the thread there is no obligation to read it or respond to it. This happens over and over and all that ends up happening is a new thread is started, People should be respectful to each other, but as I mentioned if someone is tired of the thread then just don't read it. Others who don't check the forums as often may want to chime in. 

When a thread goes off topic and it turns into a mud slinging battle, then it's time to end it. I do not see any sort of a positive outcome when it's a battle of he said, she said, he meant she meant. 

Message 124 of 127
red259
Super Contributor

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

When a thread goes off topic and it turns into a mud slinging battle, then it's time to end it. I do not see any sort of a positive outcome when it's a battle of he said, she said, he meant she meant. 

Gdale posted that people should get back on topic, which I believe is the appropriate way of handling it. I don't see how its appropriate when only a few people go off topic and then get the thread shutdown for everyone. If someone can not stay on topic they should just not read the thread is all. If it is six months from now and the chase policy has not changed and a thread like this popped up I might agree with you. However, since we are still getting datapoints and trying to get a firm grasp on what will be an auto-denial I think there is still merit. People just need to stay on topic and be respectful is all. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 125 of 127
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

Agreed. Close this thread. I apologize for ever posting it. All I wanted to do was vent. It's over now. I'm okay. But a lot of the comments were very hurtful so I stopped reading after page 10. I will never ever post a thread like this again. Hope you all feel better about yourselves after making someone (a WOMAN) feel like crap. God bless.

Filed Ch7: 6/21/17
Discharged: 10/03/17
Current FICO8 Scores as of 2/10/2019: EX 651, TU 678, EQ 679
My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 126 of 127
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Kb109 wrote:

Agreed. Close this thread. I apologize for ever posting it. All I wanted to do was vent. It's over now. I'm okay. But a lot of the comments were very hurtful so I stopped reading after page 10. I will never ever post a thread like this again. Hope you all feel better about yourselves after making someone feel like crap. God bless.

Thread is locked per OP request.

Message 127 of 127
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.