Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, ladies and gents. I've just been FR'd

tag
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

Re: Well, ladies and gents. I've just been FR'd

Wow!! I do want to point out I dislike liars but I also don't like assuming or jumping to conclusions.

Message 251 of 260
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@sean23 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@sean23 wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:
In this case it seems as if OP was not MS on this card. He did buy them for work. Maybe in the other post he was just getting into MS and found out after doing it a few times it was not for him. Being that was on 7/30 and he commented back on 8/11. In between that time he could have decided he did not like MS.

I agree trying to call someone out is a bit rude and not needed. If you feel they are not being truthful move on.

Sorry, I just don't agree. OP's story just never really added up for me personally.. I think it's a disservice to the people that come here for honest advice to pretend like everything is roses when it seems debatable. I think it's rude to lie. It's think rude to ask for help and waste peoples time. I think it's rude to mess with the integrity of the forum that tries to help so many people that are trying to fix their credit and learn to do the right thing financially to come on here and ask for advice on how to get around a financial review. But that's just me.

OP was asking some specifics about FRs, that really had nothing to do with the cause (and that question was asked by others, not him).  So I don't think he was being deceptive in substance, that would be if, for example, he wasn't getting an FR and was trying to scare people or whatever.   But to paraphrase, I personally prefer people being deceptive than being self-righteous.   But that's just me.

More snark. Smh.  If only people practiced what they preached.

Hypocritical much?  How about you practice what you preach ?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 252 of 260
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

@sean23 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@sean23 wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:
In this case it seems as if OP was not MS on this card. He did buy them for work. Maybe in the other post he was just getting into MS and found out after doing it a few times it was not for him. Being that was on 7/30 and he commented back on 8/11. In between that time he could have decided he did not like MS.

I agree trying to call someone out is a bit rude and not needed. If you feel they are not being truthful move on.

Sorry, I just don't agree. OP's story just never really added up for me personally.. I think it's a disservice to the people that come here for honest advice to pretend like everything is roses when it seems debatable. I think it's rude to lie. It's think rude to ask for help and waste peoples time. I think it's rude to mess with the integrity of the forum that tries to help so many people that are trying to fix their credit and learn to do the right thing financially to come on here and ask for advice on how to get around a financial review. But that's just me.

OP was asking some specifics about FRs, that really had nothing to do with the cause (and that question was asked by others, not him).  So I don't think he was being deceptive in substance, that would be if, for example, he wasn't getting an FR and was trying to scare people or whatever.   But to paraphrase, I personally prefer people being deceptive than being self-righteous.   But that's just me.

Oh goodness. Unless all of us had every piece of the puzzle, we cannot justify certain accusations. OP was FR'd and hopefully everything works out for him. He has received enough advice from everyone on this forum to know what he should do. He can either take the advice or do as he pleases.

I cannot say, and neither can any of you, with complete certainty that OP is lying. If he was MS's, then he is aware, to some extent, of its consequences. And if he did not, then he did not. Move on. 

+1 

You (sean) are adding puzzle pieces in yourself and assuming they are correct. WE DON'T know if he is or not lying or otherwise 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 253 of 260
sean23
Valued Member

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@sean23 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@sean23 wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

Hey, I see nothing wrong with being snarky. Other people here are the ones that got upset about it.  I was just pointing out the irony.  So hypocritical- don't think so buddy.

Message 254 of 260
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@sean23 wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@sean23 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@sean23 wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

Hey, I see nothing wrong with being snarky. Other people here are the ones that got upset about it.  I was just pointing out the irony.  So hypocritical- don't think so buddy.

"Practice what you Preach" comment 

Message 255 of 260
red259
Super Contributor

Let's all take a step back and make sure we are being respectful of each other instead of engaging in a back and forth over who is being truthful or who is assuming too much. The only person with the true story is the OP and so its best to deal with those facts that OP has presented. If you don't want to engage in the discussion on those facts then its best not to respond. Hopefully the OP is being fully candid, but there is no way (nor is there ever really a way) to be sure. What we can do is be constructive and respectful of eachother's viewpoints. If someone feels the OP is being dishonest then its best not to engage further in the conversation, since it would be a pointless endeavor because we will never really know for sure OP's veracity. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 256 of 260
sean23
Valued Member

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@sean23 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@sean23 wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

Oh goodness. Unless all of us had every piece of the puzzle, we cannot justify certain accusations. OP was FR'd and hopefully everything works out for him. He has received enough advice from everyone on this forum to know what he should do. He can either take the advice or do as he pleases.

I cannot say, and neither can any of you, with complete certainty that OP is lying. If he was MS's, then he is aware, to some extent, of its consequences. And if he did not, then he did not. Move on. 

+1 

You (sean) are adding puzzle pieces in yourself and assuming they are correct. WE DON'T know if he is or not lying or otherwise 

Yeah, we don't know. And you're absolutely 100% right I'm adding my own puzzle pieces to what I believe is going on. I can only go by what I believe. I believe he was lying. I never asked for anyone to agree with me, or for anyone's else's opinion. I could care less what anyone else believes. My comment was originally directed at OP today. It wasn't directed at anyone else.  If other people think he was being honest- well, that's ok by me. Just don't try shame me for having a different view.

Message 257 of 260
myjourney
Super Contributor

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 258 of 260
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@sean23 wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@sean23 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@sean23 wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

+1 

Yeah, we don't know. And you're absolutely 100% right I'm adding my own puzzle pieces to what I believe is going on. I can only go by what I believe. I believe he was lying. I never asked for anyone to agree with me, or for anyone's else's opinion. I could care less what anyone else believes. My comment was originally directed at OP today. It wasn't directed at anyone else.  If other people think he was being honest- well, that's ok by me. Just don't try shame me for having a different view.

I have nothing wrong with your opinion ... I just don't think we should start speculating based on our opinions on this thread at least ...

Message 259 of 260
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

This is an Internet forum and although we would hope that we are all being truthful and honest, we really have no idea who is being forthright and who is spinning tales out of whole cloth.

Misrepresentation is not a violation of myfico's TOS but personal attacks are and for that reason, this thread was locked.

~Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 260 of 260
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.