Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Amex

Probably there is somebody experience what I'm about to tell, I'm been working extremilly hard rebuilding my credit for the past 5 years after I filled BK, as of today my fico exp710, trans691, eqfx698, $95,000 income, 100% payment history, under 16% credit use
Capital 1 venture $11000
Capital 1 quick sylver $ 5000
Capital 1 quick sylver one $ 4500
Sony visa 3300
Discover it $ 2300
Have 5 inquires.
I'm want to apply for Wells Fargo Amex I already have the application file out and save ready to
Summit it but I need an advice what are my chances to be approve can some one help
Thank you.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Amex

Hi Waterman67!

I had about the same profile as yours when I app'd last year (09/2016) for the WF amex. They pulled my EX. My Fico score was 711 with 9 inq total inc that app. Have a BK7 d/c 01/2011 reporting on my CRAs. Wells was not IIB. They denied me because of too many recently opened accounts. At least according to the analyst that I spoke with when I recon'd. I had 3 accts opened within that 12 month period. They said they like to see no more than 1-2 accts opened within past 12 months. Though my BK didn't at all affect their decision according to them.
I think you might have a chance if you have 2 or less accts opened within past 12 months. Don't forget to recon though just in case they don't give you instant approval.
I might also add that WF is somewhat a "relationship oriented" bank. You stand to have a better shot if you already have or have had a banking/credit relation with them.
I say go for it if 1 hp wouldn't that much bother you!
Will be rooting for your approval! Best of luck and let us know of the result.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 2 of 11
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@OP ;
Might I also suggest the Penfed Premium Travel Rewards Amex. About the same perks as the WF amex but better signup bonus and 100x better Customer service! Membership is open to everyone. Civilians just need to make $17 donation to their charity to get in. They pull EQ exclusively and I think you have a much stronger chance with them than WF. I got approved just last month with $10K SL @14.49 apr.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the hopes, also I forgot to mentioned I have an account with Wells Fargo for almost 3 years they approved me for $6500 to do new floor in my house an about less than a year I will finish paying all
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My newest account is discover it I opened 5 months ago, last august 2016 I join account with my wife opened Costco Citi , this two new accounts will affect me an the approval
Message 5 of 11
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

2/12 accts is probably borderline with them and approval will probably depend on your current relationship with them. If you're just an AU on your citi Costco then you can use that reasoning with them in case you need to recon. But of course, as in every case, YMMV. It all just boils down to how much you really want to have that card.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I been after for a Amex card for a wile and been dinied twice already they I recond and they told me as longest the BK still shows in my report they won't approve me, searching for other options I found Wells Fargo Amex and also offers good peers just like the other Amex's card also looking for balance transfer couple of my capacital one cards
Message 7 of 11
trant3
Established Contributor

Try the Wells Fargo propel 40k points it's still alive
FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks I will let you know what happen
Message 9 of 11
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Considering you have a relationship with them and was approved for your floor loan, I would think you should be good to go.  Good luck!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.