Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CC Payment Question?

tag
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Wells Fargo CC Payment Question?

Just received my Wells Fargo active cash and I must be missing something but can you not add outside banking information to be able for make payments from?

Everytime I go to the make payments tab it keeps telling me I do not have two eligible accounts to make payments .....

I do not bank with Wells Fargo

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo CC Payment Question?

The website is a menace, for sure. Citi DC's is so much simpler. I still haven't been able to figure out how to view card transactions before the monthly statement posts!

To your direct question though, as a fellow WF Active Cash cardholder without a WF bank account, I know for a fact that I was able to set up an outside bank account to pay for my Active Cash spending. Keep poking around the website... it's buried in there!

Message 2 of 9
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The website is a menace, for sure. Citi DC's is so much simpler. I still haven't been able to figure out how to view card transactions before the monthly statement posts!

To your direct question though, as a fellow WF Active Cash cardholder without a WF bank account, I know for a fact that I was able to set up an outside bank account to pay for my Active Cash spending. Keep poking around the website... it's buried in there!

I'm hearing it's supposed to be on the transfers & pay tab but that's where I get that error...

I haven't even received my Citi Custom Cash yet in the mail and I was already able to add a external payment account just like every other bank I've had 

Perhaps I need a balance first to setup the payment accounts .....This Website is funky 😪

Message 3 of 9
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

@MrDFinance wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm hearing it's supposed to be on the transfers & pay tab but that's where I get that error...

I haven't even received my Citi Custom Cash yet in the mail and I was already able to add a external payment account just like every other bank I've had 

Perhaps I need a balance first to setup the payment accounts .....This Website is funky 😪

You may have to have a balance first, I can't remember for sure.

In the android mobile app, along the bottom is a row of buttons,  second from the left is "Transfers" there are two drop-downs to select accounts you've already set up, below that is some legal gargin and a line that looks like it should be the end of the page... below that are two buttons/ links top is "Add Non-wells Fargo account" bottom is "Add Wells Fargo Account"

Be mindful that Wells Fargo doesn't like multiple payments in the same month, somewhere around three in the same month they have been known to send letters/ emails warning that they will close accounts with multiple monthly payments... as always Your Experience May Vary 

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 4 of 9
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Thanks for that information about multiple payments I definitely am one to fire off multiple payments as they hit ....

The iOS app doesn't have a transfers tab at the bottom and even when I find the transfers tab it still gives the same message ....

If this persist even after I have a balance I may just use My TD bank bill pay feature to pay the bill being that I have to wait for transactions to pile up anyways ...Thanks again 🤓

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chiefone4u wrote:

In the android mobile app, along the bottom is a row of buttons,  second from the left is "Transfers" there are two drop-downs to select accounts you've already set up, below that is some legal gargin and a line that looks like it should be the end of the page... below that are two buttons/ links top is "Add Non-wells Fargo account" bottom is "Add Wells Fargo Account"

Be mindful that Wells Fargo doesn't like multiple payments in the same month, somewhere around three in the same month they have been known to send letters/ emails warning that they will close accounts with multiple monthly payments... as always Your Experience May Vary 

I was able to set up and make a payment from an external account during my first billing cycle, before the first statement posted. Granted, I only did so after a bunch of final (not pending) charges had posted, so it might be necessary to wait until some charges post before you can set up an external account.

I didn't know that WF doesn't like multiple payments. I'm fortunate I only made a single pre-statement payment (followed by a single post-statement payment for the balance I didn't pay off before the statement cut)! I've done multiple monthly payments in the past with AmEx, CapOne, Citi, Discover and Elan (Fidelity), and never had a problem with any of those issuers. I mean I've never done a crazy number like 10 payments in a month, but I've never had any issue doing 3 or 4 payments per month.

Incidentally, speaking of other issuers, WF is also the only CC issuer that's ever forced me to show up at a branch in person to provide my driver's license and two utility bills for validation. In fact, I can't recall any other CC issuer even asking for my DL, let alone two utillity bills. And the kicker was the in-person branch requirement. The closest WF branch to me is an hour away by car; I was fortunate I had to drive up for some other business so I could justify making a detour to the branch.

!@#$, liking WF less and less.

Message 6 of 9
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chiefone4u wrote:

I was able to set up and make a payment from an external account during my first billing cycle, before the first statement posted. Granted, I only did so after a bunch of final (not pending) charges had posted, so it might be necessary to wait until some charges post before you can set up an external account.

I didn't know that WF doesn't like multiple payments. I'm fortunate I only made a single pre-statement payment (followed by a single post-statement payment for the balance I didn't pay off before the statement cut)! I've done multiple monthly payments in the past with AmEx, CapOne, Citi, Discover and Elan (Fidelity), and never had a problem with any of those issuers. I mean I've never done a crazy number like 10 payments in a month, but I've never had any issue doing 3 or 4 payments per month.

Incidentally, speaking of other issuers, WF is also the only CC issuer that's ever forced me to show up at a branch in person to provide my driver's license and two utility bills for validation. In fact, I can't recall any other CC issuer even asking for my DL, let alone two utillity bills. And the kicker was the in-person branch requirement. The closest WF branch to me is an hour away by car; I was fortunate I had to drive up for some other business so I could justify making a detour to the branch.

!@#$, liking WF less and less.

Jesus man .....That's absurd .....I have a branch I my city but if they are trying to get back on peoples good side they better cut that out ...Like I said I'll resort to Bill Pay method through TD before I do all that 

Message 7 of 9
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Little update here ...As soon as my first purchases hit the account I no longer got the message and was able to add a external bank account 

Kinda weird they do this and make you wait for transactions to hit before letting you setup payment....

Message 8 of 9
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

As you don't bank with them, you cannot prepay before a charge hits...it must be finalized. You're right that it should let you set up, but perhaps that's tied into not prepaying from outside. 

Glad you got it set up. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.