Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CCs?

tag
lithium78
Established Contributor

Wells Fargo CCs?

Are Wells Fargo credit cards any good?  Also, how difficult is it to get CCs from them?  Thanks.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo CCs?

IMHO, Wells Fargo cards are not that great. Terrible rewards, no respect for their long term clients. I've had a platinum visa with them for 5 years and they really haven't impressed. I recommend you go with a Chase or a BOA card. Rewards are a lot better and those are companies that will take better care of you. That is, if you're looking for a card with a major bank.
Message 2 of 5
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

Are Wells Fargo credit cards any good?  Also, how difficult is it to get CCs from them?  Thanks.

i applied for them back in June.  i applied for them because i knew they were going to pull TU for me.  my TU FICO here at that time was 740 and no inq whatsoever so i thought i'd have a fighting chance.  and at the time, the 2 cc's i had (cap one and BBRZ MC) was just PIF, but i got denied for their rewards visa card.  called to ask for recon.  denied on recon as well.  rep told me that for some reason, they had a problem pulling my report (i call BS on that one) so they looked at my banking history with them.  denied because rep said that my "deposit history was unpredictable", meaning i don't push money in my account as much as they'd want me to.  In my opinion, unless they are your primary bank, i won't say it's hard to get approved...rather frustrating.  they're not my primary bank but i keep several hundred dollars between my checking/savings accounts because they have a cheap fee ($3.50 compared to $10 at some places) for international money remittance, a service they offer that i need since wife and i send money to her family back home.

but yeah, they based their decision on my app wholy on my relation$hip with them $$$-wise.  oh i call BS on them not being able to see/pull my report because my TU got hit with a HP from TU.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Visa Signature from them and will keep it, as it's by far my oldest card. Ever since they started not giving me the more or less standard 1% in rewards anymore, I have hardly ever used it. Even before, they charged you for the rewards program (not sure if this is still the case) if you didn't have a close banking relationship with them. I would not get the card just to have it.

Message 4 of 5
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
IMHO, Wells Fargo cards are not that great. Terrible rewards, [little] respect for their long term clients. I've had a platinum visa with them for 5 years and they really haven't impressed. I recommend you go with a Chase or a BOA card. Rewards are a lot better and those are companies that will take better care of you. That is, if you're looking for a card with a major bank.

yeah as far as the big boy banks go +1

Amex may also be worth considering, depending on what you are looking for from a rewards card/ ccc.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.