Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CLI question

tag
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

Wells Fargo CLI question

I have a Wells Fargo cash wise card had it a little over a year my SL was 1500 but in Sept they increased it to 3600 with out me asking . Anyway I only pay my cell phone bill with it and have it auto pay each month but some reason its not paying full balance anyway I had to call in to change it so while I had the rep on the phone i asked her about how the do CLI

She said the check ever so often but that I can call in and request one at anytime . I asked her was it a soft or hard pull and she said that's a good question and put me on hold came back about 5 mins later and said it was a soft pull.

So has anyone with this card ever called in and can you confirm it's a soft pull ?

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo CLI question

If they said it will be a soft pull then it should be. It seems that WF does both though and you may get hit with a hard pull. You could always freeze your credit reports before requesting it if you want to make sure it’s not a hard pull
Message 2 of 6
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

Who do they pull only one I'm able to freeze is exp dont have the service for other 2

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@howellco2 wrote:
I have a Wells Fargo cash wise card had it a little over a year my SL was 1500 but in Sept they increased it to 3600 with out me asking . Anyway I only pay my cell phone bill with it and have it auto pay each month but some reason its not paying full balance anyway I had to call in to change it so while I had the rep on the phone i asked her about how the do CLI

She said the check ever so often but that I can call in and request one at anytime . I asked her was it a soft or hard pull and she said that's a good question and put me on hold came back about 5 mins later and said it was a soft pull.

So has anyone with this card ever called in and can you confirm it's a soft pull ?

I recently called in as well about an increase and she told me that it was a hard pull or soft pull. I then questioned her more about that because I have been told it could be soft pull and she put me on hold. When she got back she told me that most of the time it is soft pull, however sometimes it is a hard pull. She said it really depends on the amount you ask for and that they don't know either way if it will be soft or hard before doing so. I have gotten an increase at 6 months, and then I just got another increase last month, at 9 months. I feel like they are increasing my limit enough on there own that I don't find it important enough to risk a hard pull.

Message 4 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I wouldnt take a csr at their word on this. Most likely will be hp or else we would see alot more people adding dp here and i havent seen it.

Also be careful on freezing certain bureaus in regards to trying to get a cli increase. Its against forum TOS to discuss or promote this just fyi. If you are going to request cli its best to have your reports open just in case.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I wouldnt take a csr at their word on this. Most likely will be hp or else we would see alot more people adding dp here and i havent seen it.

Also be careful on freezing certain bureaus in regards to trying to get a cli increase. Its against forum TOS to discuss or promote this just fyi. If you are going to request cli its best to have your reports open just in case.

I thought that TOS was freezing a specific bureau to impact the outcome of a credit application? Freezing your reports to avoid HPs that creditors don’t always disclose when asking for a CLI doesn’t seem like gaming at all and I have been recommending people freeze all of their reports if they are worried about a HP. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.