Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo CLI

Wish me luck! I called CS to have a statement question answered and I figured what the heck? Why not ask for a CLI? I've had the card for four years in good standing with no increases. I didn't have the card to put it through so ill have to call back. I asked if it would be hard or soft and CSR said soft. Kinda shocked by that. I'm calling back tonight when I get home. Fingers crossed!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MOOK515

Re: Wells Fargo CLI

DID YOU GET GOOD NEWS?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I did! Although I'm pretty disappointed. For never having a cli in four years, they only gave me 600 which brings my cl to 1800. Amex just gave me 2100 cli to 4400. Even though I don't need the credit, getting that increase after that being my oldest card is kinda disappointing. It was a soft though, so ill take it. They said they might be able to do more but it would be a hard pull. Considering I don't need it, I passed on the hard inq.
Message 3 of 6
MOOK515

It's better than nothing I guess. I also have a Wells Fargo card, my starting limit was 1500 and I got 300 dollar increase last month. I did not even ask for the increase, they just gave it to me. It would appear that we have  similar portfolios. Mine is as follows:

Best Buy Card (2006) 1,700 CL ----- AFCU Platinum card (2008) 10,000 CL------ Wells Fargo Platinum cash back (2009) 1,800 CL------

AMEX Costco True Earnings (2010) 4,000 CL------ AFCU line of credit (2010) 1,000 CL

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my Experience WF is all about small but consistent CLI. I call every six months, and always get a small increase. It seems like you have to push them for it though.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I believe I will call them again in six months. Not usually a fan of calling that soon but if this card is going anywhere, seems like that's the only way.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.