Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Financial National Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Financial National Bank

I'd like to apply at a local store for a cc. They said that they finance through Wells Fargo Financial National Bank. Does anyone know which cra they will be use? It is for a furntiture store called Slumberland if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
TheVig
Regular Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Financial National Bank

Not sure who they pull. Should be easy to get. Furniture store credit is typically the easiest to get. Only requirement is to be able to fog up a mirror. If you can't get approved, your credit profile has must be toast.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They seem to do a lot of the furniture places, I have my furniture account with them as well. Let me double check what they pulled for me.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian only for me
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that Wells Fargo as a Bank will generally pull an Experian Version 2. Although for a store card I am not sure it its the same underwriting 

Message 5 of 14
JSS3
Valued Contributor

When I applied for my Home Projects Visa, they pulled Transunion.

State: Pennsylvania 

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they did TU that'd be great as its my highest score. EX is only at 694 and doesnt seem to ever budge unfortunately. Do they use Fico 8 or a different version?

Message 7 of 14
EJMiv
Valued Member

I bought a Tempur-Pedic a few years ago, and their financing is through WFFNB. Was living in FL at the time, and sometimes geography affects which agency is pulled. They pulled TU for me, but can't speak to which version it was.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in the midwest, Iowa. I wonder if thats TU? I guess I could call the furniture store to see if they know but I highly doubt it.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd like to apply at a local store for a cc. They said that they finance through Wells Fargo Financial National Bank. Does anyone know which cra they will be use? It is for a furntiture store called Slumberland if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!

Be warned that this type of financing is known as a Consumer Finance Account, or CFA and these types of accounts adversely impact your credit report for as long as the account is present.  This means that if you close it 3 years from now, it will still be on your report hurting your scores for another 10 years.  IMO, CFAs should be avoided.  There's really no upside to them.  Just apply for another 0% card and use that card to make the furniture purchase.

I speak from personal experience here.  I purchased furniture back in 2013 and they used WFFNB.  I had the cash to buy the furniture right then and there, but the sales rep twisted my arm into using their financing.  He said it would actually "help" my credit when in actuality it hurt it (and still continues to hurt it to this day).  At that time, I knew absolutely nothing about credit and didn't realize I was making a bad decision.

Another thing, I ended up paying off the account 6 or 7 months early, or at least I thought I did.  I think it was 18 months of 0% and I attempted to make my final payoff in Month 11 or 12.  Something happened though with my payment, which in retrospect WAS my fault, but there was $2.93 outstanding on the account that I was unaware of until many months later when I received something in the mail saying the account was still open and in serious delinquency.  I ended up with a 90 day late payment on the account for $2.93.  This dropped my credit scores by about 100 points.  It took me OVER A YEAR of sending snail mail letters, phone calls, emails, etc. to get WFFNB to extend me GW and remove that late payment.  For $2.93!  Any human upon a MR could see that it was my intention to pay off the account in full and many months ahead of schedule.  Anyway, between the CFA on my credit report and the unwillingness of WF to work with me on a very obvious hiccup I was quite rubbed the wrong way from the entire experience.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.