Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Product Change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Product Change/Upgrade to Active Cash

I logged into my Wells Fargo account today and had an offer pop up saying I was eligible to switch my Platinum card to the Active Cash card. I've had the Platinum since 2018 (it started as a secured card then graduated). My account number, history, APR, and limit are all staying the same. So for me, changing from the Platinum with no rewards to the Active Cash with the 2% cash back is definitely an upgrade. 

Message 21 of 58
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Product Change/Upgrade to Active Cash

Congrats on your PC!! Nice upgrade and customer service from WF.

Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 58
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Wells Fargo product upgrade!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 23 of 58
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your new active cash card from WF, you got love Wells Fargo ther trying to do the right thing.

Message 24 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow product changing on the first day. I check to see if my propel was on the website for a product change and it doesn't  show where you can change the card. I wouldn't think of swapping a propel for an active card but I just wanted to see if the card was eligible. Anyway congrats to everyone on your pc changes.

Message 25 of 58
cws-21
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh wow product changing on the first day. I check to see if my propel was on the website for a product change and it doesn't  show where you can change the card. I wouldn't think of swapping a propel for an active card but I just wanted to see if the card was eligible. Anyway congrats to everyone on your pc changes.

@Anonymous, I currently have the Propel. I am thankful that I have been grandfathered in and hope to be able to keep the card. Why are you interested in PCing the Propel for the Active Cash?

Message 26 of 58
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

@cws-21 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous, I currently have the Propel. I am thankful that I have been grandfathered in and hope to be able to keep the card. Why are you interested in PCing the Propel for the Active Cash?

See red, bolded text. She was just seeing if the PC was available. 

Message 27 of 58
cws-21
Established Contributor

@BearsCubsOtters wrote:

@cws-21 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

See red, bolded text. She was just seeing if the PC was available. 

@BearsCubsOtters, thanks for pointing out the obvious. I don't know how I missed that. I guess the insomnia is getting to me!

Message 28 of 58
restdani
New Contributor

I was interested in applying for the Active Cash even though I have the Cash Wise (I was being silly and didn't want a discontinued product)... I mainly use this card to pay for my auto insurance premium as I have a low APR and a good credit line so the extra .5% is definitely helpful. I'm so glad I read this post and the instructions because it saved me a HP. The change was easy as per instructions above; I think you would only be able to do the PC if the card is in the same network, hence why people aren't getting the "you're eligible to switch" message on their online accounts. I may be stating the obvious here, but I'm just happy I got the PC. 

Message 29 of 58
redheadtempe36
Contributor

I was in a WF branch yesterday and the teller encouraged me to PC my Cash Wise card to the Active Cash so they are pushing this, which is new and different for WF.

Had I known they were going to do this ... I probably wouldn't have applied for one and just switched my Cash Wise.  Yes, I'd lose out on the SUB but meh.

So now I have two Active Cash cards.

Message 30 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.