Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel Cards on Website Now - Including World Version

tag
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Propel Cards on Website Now - Including World Version

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:
That's one beautiful card. Sorry, I know that's really more smorgas board than the CC forum! lol

Nice low AF for 100 credit to airline fees!

Blue Sky Preferred (BSP) also has $100 airline allowance fee. It does have inferior reward system + 2.7% FTF than Propel World but only cost $75 AF.

Speaking of rewards, BSP offers 1.33% on generic spending. Propel World on the other hand offers 1.5% if you have $25K PMA package, 1.25% if you don't, and 1.1% if you have regular WF deposit account.

Make that 250k PMA for the 1.5, 25k PMA (standard PMA min.) for 1.25.

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 11 of 60
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
That's one beautiful card. Sorry, I know that's really more smorgas board than the CC forum! lol

If it was metal, I would have already applied!  Smiley Happy

EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 12 of 60
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

Blue Sky Preferred (BSP) also has $100 airline allowance fee. It does have inferior reward system + 2.7% FTF than Propel World but only cost $75 AF.

Speaking of rewards, BSP offers 1.33% on generic spending. Propel World on the other hand offers 1.5% if you have $25K PMA package, 1.25% if you don't, and 1.1% if you have regular WF deposit account.

Why is it 1.33 on generic spending? I see this on their website: "Earn 1X point on other purchases."  I may be interested if 1.3%.

And surprised BSP doesn't offer bonuses on air... or am I missing something?

EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 13 of 60
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@ficobgtx wrote:

Why is it 1.33 on generic spending? I see this on their website: "Earn 1X point on other purchases."  I may be interested if 1.3%.

BS and BSP works like this. For every 7,500 points you can redeem $100 statement credit toward travel charges. That works out to be 1.33%.

BSP doesn't offer bonus on air, only restaurant and hotel. That works out to be 2.66%.

Message 14 of 60
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@ficobgtx wrote:

BS and BSP works like this. For every 7,500 points you can redeem $100 statement credit toward travel charges. That works out to be 1.33%.

BSP doesn't offer bonus on air, only restaurant and hotel. That works out to be 2.66%.

That make it pretty nice... I need to think about my Amex strategy. Not getting as much benefit out of my SPG as I thought. Rewards for higher end properties are just too high now.

EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 15 of 60
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ficobgtx wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@ficobgtx wrote:

That make it pretty nice... I need to think about my Amex strategy. Not getting as much benefit out of my SPG as I thought. Rewards for higher end properties are just too high now.

But the BS (and BSP) are still pretty uncompetitive, no? 1.33 on generic is less than the 1.5 QS (or 2% Fidelity Amex) which are not restricted to travel redemptions

And while BSPs 2.66% is higher than Arrivals 2.2%, the Arrival gets 2.2% on everything, not just hotel and restaurant (which compares more with the free Arrival)

Message 16 of 60
newUser0
Established Contributor

https://www08.wellsfargomedia.com/assets/pdf/personal/credit-cards/agreements/wf_propel365_terms.pdf

Looks like Henry Wells Got this card on Mar 13 2014 It self. Lol!!

Message 17 of 60
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

https://www08.wellsfargomedia.com/assets/pdf/personal/credit-cards/agreements/wf_propel365_terms.pdf

Looks like Henry Wells Got this card on Mar 13 2014 It self. Lol!!

Noticed that too... nice. Smiley Happy

EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 18 of 60
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@ficobgtx wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@ficobgtx wrote:

But the BS (and BSP) are still pretty uncompetitive, no? 1.33 on generic is less than the 1.5 QS (or 2% Fidelity Amex) which are not restricted to travel redemptions

And while BSPs 2.66% is higher than Arrivals 2.2%, the Arrival gets 2.2% on everything, not just hotel and restaurant (which compares more with the free Arrival)

Agreed with QS and Arrival - I have them both, and use them when needed (well, QS is SD'ed). Arrival will probably be PC'ed to non-AF in Dec. though.

I'm more talking about bonus categories and my biggest non-bonus spend... Costco. Between SPG, EDP, Fidelity and now this card - a little hard to decide. As I do most travel related with CSP and love the 5x bonus on Freedom - I may be locked into URs as my go to points system. Then the others suffer a bit. Wish Chase had a UR Amex... and chip-and-pin (hopefully coming soon). My CC stable would be complete.

And I guess the case could be made for BSP - AF becomes -$25 if you can make use of the $100 credit. Not too bad. And that is before you start talking about using points.

EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 19 of 60
jumpinjax
New Contributor

@ficobgtx wrote:

Didn't realize they had a world version that is black:

https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/propelworld/

$175/yr, but with $100 airline credit could basically be a $75 fee depending on how you travel.

And with 3x on air, 2x on hotel... Interesting. As long as you do some banking with them... I have PMA, but not the 250k with them. 

Anyone know if this is chip-and-pin or just sig...didn't see anything other than it has a chip..

I just applied for this card, and got the 'we need to verify a few pieces of information' message - pending.  They ended up pulling Experian.  I have scores well in the 700's.  Closed for today.

Message 20 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.