Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel Experiences?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Propel Experiences?

Looking to get your experience with the card.  Recently found out about and was approved for the card, seems like it could be a great tool to have!  Also, I only use CK for the time being and it was reporting 739 on TU and EQ.  Got a letter in the mail from WF today saying my score is @ 766.  Pumped about that!

What are your experiences?  Tips and tricks?  Initial CL?  Anything you think may be beneficial?

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Propel Experiences?

Got my propel in august. I have been a long time wf customer, with a significant amount of investments at wf advisors.  I  got a sl of $11,000 i have been happy with the card. I might be one of the few people who is gappy with wf, and who not only has not been screwed over by them, but who they have treated very well.

Message 2 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been loving this.

If you intend to book flight through wf travel portal, consider getting a family member or friend of yours to get a wells fargo visa singature so you can pool points and redeem for flight at 1.5cpp, 50% more values.

You can app for wells visa yourself after 18 months (6 if you dont mind losing the intro bonus on visa signature).

Check out the "explore beneift" link for offers, and check out Earn More Mall for more offers. These things replenish on the 1st and 16th of each month.

Message 3 of 41
lmhenry1
Contributor

My 2 cents . I’m Happy to have this card, In my opinion the rewards are similar to Chase Sapphire Preferred which is what I want to eventually get but this is Wells Fargo’s most competitive card that they offer currently. I like the AMEX offers that are constantly loaded to the card . Now I’ve got a Propel Amex with $7500 credit limit and I like it and I like the competitive rewards structure for restaurant and travel but without the annual fee . I’ve have a pretty long relationship with Wells Fargo through starting with a high school checking account with them for several years.
American Express BCP - $30,000

NFCU More Rewards Amex $25,000

BOA Cash Rewards VISA Signature $25,000

Advantage Aviator Red World Mastercard - $15,150

Southwest Priority Rapid Rewards - $15,000

Chase Freedom -$8,400
Wells Fargo Propel Amex - $7,500
Total CL - $126,050

Future Goals Chase Trifecta
A Discover Card to have as a compliment to Chase Freedom Card
Message 4 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the card a lot. One of my top cash back earners, if not the top. I did well with Earn More Mall, mostly on the offers you have to activate. There isn't a lot of them, but the bonus gas has been great this year. I use it for parking, tolls, and the others like travel and restaurants, cell phone insurance. 

It has its quirks like all cards do. Cash redemptions are in $25 increments, and must be in denominations of $25. For instance, if you have $83 in rewards, you can redeem up to $75. But you can also cover purchases with points. If you have 1300 points, you can pay a $12 purchase with 1200 points.

Earn more mall points are available within a few days. Points earned in the categories are available after the statement closes.

Message 5 of 41
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Got mine Sep of 2018 with a $10K SL. Never had any prior relationship back then. Didn’t understand at first why activation had to be so complicated that required calling in and mobile phone verified with a series of SMS while on the line with the CSR.
Now everything makes perfect sense as I’ve never had any problems/declines with big ticket purchases made online. $4-$6K transactions instantly approved no questions asked even if they were outside my normal swipes pattern! They just text you instantly as soon as purchase is made to verify it was actually you!
Just got a $5K SP CLI over the phone on my 11th month (they’ll ask your permission for a HP if a SP CLI can’t be granted at time of call).
One of my best cards if I must say. $300 SUB, No FTF and No AF. 1-3 pts on purchases, etc. Really hard to beat the features and versatility of this card that’s mostly only available on premium AF cards!

Congrats on getting this very fine card!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 6 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have it but only use it for my phone bill for the cellphone protection.

Message 7 of 41
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I have this card as well.  I got it back before the revamp (and before the bonus, <sigh>) mostly for overdraft protection on my WF checking account, but when they added 3x for travel during the refresh it became my travel card until I got the Altitude Reserve.

It has always worked as advertised, and I have absolutely no complaints.  Having to redeem rewards in $25 increments was a minor annoyance for a while but when they added their 'redeem for purchases' feature that annoyance went away.  It's now trivial to use up any remaining points by using the card to reload my Amazon gift card for the exact value of the remaining points, then use points to pay the charge.  Easy peasy.

If I didn't have the AR this would still be my go-to travel card. 

Message 8 of 41
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I like the card a lot. One of my top cash back earners, if not the top. I did well with Earn More Mall, mostly on the offers you have to activate. There isn't a lot of them, but the bonus gas has been great this year. I use it for parking, tolls, and the others like travel and restaurants, cell phone insurance. 

It has its quirks like all cards do. Cash redemptions are in $25 increments, and must be in denominations of $25. For instance, if you have $83 in rewards, you can redeem up to $75. But you can also cover purchases with points. If you have 1300 points, you can pay a $12 purchase with 1200 points.

Earn more mall points are available within a few days. Points earned in the categories are available after the statement closes.

Thanks for sharing your experience. This is one of the cards on my bucket list when I come out of the garden. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 41
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I have this card as well.  I got it back before the revamp (and before the bonus, <sigh>) mostly for overdraft protection on my WF checking account, but when they added 3x for travel during the refresh it became my travel card until I got the Altitude Reserve.

It has always worked as advertised, and I have absolutely no complaints.  Having to redeem rewards in $25 increments was a minor annoyance for a while but when they added their 'redeem for purchases' feature that annoyance went away.  It's now trivial to use up any remaining points by using the card to reload my Amazon gift card for the exact value of the remaining points, then use points to pay the charge.  Easy peasy.

If I didn't have the AR this would still be my go-to travel card. 

This is good to know UncleB. I'm leaning more and more toward this card. Thanks. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.