Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel Experiences?

tag
MidnightKnight
New Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Propel Experiences?

It was mentioned earlier that there was a $25 increment redemption threshold but this only applies if you try to redeem the points online ( statement credit, deposit into WF Account, check). You can also redeem at an ATM with a WF debit card for $20 increments. In addition there are some Amex only offers avaible on the card under the card benefits link in your online banking.

Message 11 of 41
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@MidnightKnight wrote:
It was mentioned earlier that there was a $25 increment redemption threshold but this only applies if you try to redeem the points online ( statement credit, deposit into WF Account, check). You can also redeem at an ATM with a WF debit card for $20 increments. In addition there are some Amex only offers avaible on the card under the card benefits link in your online banking.

I have actually wondered about this before... ATM redemption in $20 increments (rather than $25) at a Wells Fargo ATM is an advertised 'perk' of the Cash Wise Visa, but you're saying you've done it with the Propel as well?

If so this is good to know, indeed. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 41
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

No issues.

1 small CLI.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 13 of 41
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

I like it. My first grasp at a higher end rewards card. Plan to stack points until my kid is older and use it towards family fun/vacations. Points never expire!

My only complaint is they gave me the minimum SL (EX8:764, but thin), kind of negates the 0%intro bonus.
Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to add to my comment. Initial lines might be small, especially if you did not have a previous experience with them, like me.

My initial CL was only $10K, the lowest of the major cards I carry. After heavy use, I got an auto $2K CL after 9 months. Six months after the auto CL, I requested a CLI to $18K total and got it. It's a decent line now. 

Another poster mimicked my pattern almost identically (heavy use early) and also requested a CLI to $20K later. Got $19K. The CLs can grow.

Also, the card is metal.

Message 15 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nomad3 wrote:
I like it. My first grasp at a higher end rewards card. Plan to stack points until my kid is older and use it towards family fun/vacations. Points never expire!

My only complaint is they gave me the minimum SL (EX8:764, but thin), kind of negates the 0%intro bonus.

I'd cycle it and get the bonus. Plus, after some time, ask for a CLI. It can turn into a really decent card with a nice line in no time.

Message 16 of 41
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Nomad3 wrote:

I'd cycle it and get the bonus. Plus, after some time, ask for a CLI. It can turn into a really decent card with a nice line in no time.

That's the plan, I asked for UW review of SL but I'm pretty much expecting an AA letter. Gonna cycle it as my DD and see if I can get a SP, otherwise I'll be waiting for the 12mo AR so i don't mess up the mortgage I'm planning for around the same time

Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nomad3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Nomad3 wrote:

That's the plan, I asked for UW review of SL but I'm pretty much expecting an AA letter. Gonna cycle it as my DD and see if I can get a SP, otherwise I'll be waiting for the 12mo AR so i don't mess up the mortgage I'm planning for around the same time

I did the same thing when I got mine. Got the basic hint to try later when I get to know you better.

Message 18 of 41
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

Also the activatable extra bonuses are nice, though most of them seem pretty random if you find one that you can use its nice.

Like spend $25+ on Boston market, get $5. At 3x points on purchase that's 575+ points. I don't particularly like Boston market, but it's edible and extra points lol
Message 19 of 41
galahad15
Valued Contributor

I've had the Propel card since about late 2018, and tbh, the overall experience for me has been a little underwhelming.  Sure, it's got the 3% cashback categories which is definitely a major plus, but then again, you can also get other cards these days with 3% rewards categories, such as the BoA Cash Rewards card.  IME, my FNBO Travelite Amex card also offers 3% cashback rewards on travel purchases. 

I guess my biggest gripe with the Propel card is because even though when I apped for it, my FICO8 scores across all 3 CRAs were right in the 800+ range, they still approved me with a what I felt was a sub-standard and excessively high, currently ~17% V go-to interest rate, rather than offering the lowest-available rate Smiley Indifferent  For that reason alone, I prefer my BoA Cash Rewards card, which has a much lower and more competitive go-to rate, and also (unlike the Propel) no longer has the $25 minimum redemption threshold after BoA revamped the card a while back.

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.