Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel vs Uber?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Propel vs Uber?

I'm looking to app for either the Propel or Uber since they seem to be the best no AF cards for day-to-day usagebut can't seem to decide.

Propel offers 3x for gas, travel, and dining but Uber offers 4x on dining, 3x on travel, and 2% for online purchases. 

I'll probably eventually get both but is there something I'm missing when it comes to getting one over the other right now?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Propel vs Uber?

They also both have phone insurance.

The signup bonuses are different; 30,000 points for WF propel and Uber is $100. Also the propel is metal, if that's a game changer. 

Message 2 of 18
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Does Wells Fargo still require that you be a banking customer to get their credit cards?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the Uber card for the 4% dining and 2% online. I don't travel, so the 3% spend is lost on me atm. As mentioned, it comes with $600 in phone insurance if you pay your bill with it. There's also a $50 subscription credit if you reach $5000 spend through the year. Subscriptions are limited to a few big streaming services and Amazon prime, so I've set Prime.

The Propel card comes with extended warranty product coverage, so that might interest you

Message 4 of 18
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

I didn’t have any relationship with Wells and they gave me a generous line. It just took a few days to verify my identity.
Message 5 of 18
Coolermaster007
Contributor

The Propel is a better card richer rewards & benefits.
Message 6 of 18
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Which of the two cards posts the points faster?  Does either card have a minimum redemption amount?  Do redemptions take the form of statement credits, or can you have the cash deposited in a bank account?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uber card is a visa, accepted at more places. 4% restaurant is the best for a no af card

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Uber card's minimum redemption is $25 for statement credit/bank account transfer unless you redeem it for Ubers. Then it's $5. Not sure about the WF
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uber card is a visa, accepted at more places. 4% restaurant is the best for a no af card
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.