Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Rewards VISA Offer Everywhere I Go

tag
samtom79
Valued Member

Wells Fargo Rewards VISA Offer Everywhere I Go

I've been banking with Wells Fargo for about 9 months. Checking, Savings and Dealer Services loan. Last week I noticed a pop up when I log into online banking for 0% intro APR for 15 months. Went to open checking accounts for my teens and the banker reminded me of the offer. Hit the drive up teller today and he reminded me that the offer was on my account.  Are they just pitching it hard to everyone?

My scores dropped 50 points 2 weeks ago because I somehow was late on my auto for the first time ever. Currently 572EX, 613TU, 606EQ. I've got 15 other cards including CapOne QS, CapOne Plat, DiscoverIT, Walmart, Target, Amazon, Lowes and some other store cars. My UTI is at 47% I've never missed a payment in 3 years other than the auto 2 weeks ago.

I'm primarily curious if this offer is any different from all the mail offers I get? Do they see my income already and base it off that? I've had 10k monthly direct deposited since I started banking there last year. Would that trigger the offer?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Rewards VISA Offer Everywhere I Go

Go to a banker and ask them exactly which offer it is. There are basically 3 types of scenarios/offers.

1. Firm Offer - 90% chance for approval. (based on on cc payments coming from account, soft pulls from your auto loan, etc.)

2. Invitation to Apply - 50% chance for approval (scores are in acceptable rance, you have 1 or more cc's open, account activity suggests you would benefit)

3. None - They are just pitching it to you to pitch it.

Obviously they are trying to move the product because they are performance driven like all other banks, but the type of offer that shows up in your account profile will really be the clue as to whether its worth the app or not based on approval probability. A tellr will not be able to tell you what type of offer it is.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.