cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Rewards offer - 10x bonus points on single grocery + single gas purchase

tag
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

Wells Fargo Rewards offer - 10x bonus points on single grocery + single gas purchase

I checked my WF Propel this morning and received the following offer that may be available to other Wells Fargo card holders and be of interest to some of you:

*Earn 10x Wells Fargo Rewards (Earn More Mall) bonus points on first grocery purchase, up to 4000 bonus points (i.e. up to $400 purchase)

PLUS

*Earn 10x Wells Fargo Rewards (Earn More Mall) bonus points on first gas purchase, up to 4000 bonus points (i.e. up to $400 purchase)

Both offers are valid through Sunday 1/2/22.

The offer is available through accessing the Wells Fargo Rewards/Earn More Mall link in your online credit card account.  (Click on the box that says "Shop Now" in the "Earn more, faster" box on the Wells Fargo Rewards page.)

One other note - these offers are stackable with any My Wells Fargo Deals (separate rewards program) you may have available.  For example, my WF Propel currently has 5% off pay at the pump gas offers for BP (valid through 11/30/21) and ExxonMobil (valid through 12/31/21).  In the case of the WF Propel, which earns 3% rewards on gas purchases, that means you could functionally earn 18% in rewards for a single gas purchase at BP or ExxonMobil (3% through the card rewards, 5% through the My Wells Fargo Deals, 10% through the Wells Fargo Rewards/Earn More Mall).

P.S. The BP and ExxonMobil 5% off pay at the pump gas offers are also available on at least some Chase credit cards right with the same terms as on the Wells Fargo cards.  (In my case I have the BP offer available on my Chase Amazon and the ExxonMobil offer available on my Chase Amazon and Chase Freedom Flex.)

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Rewards offer - 10x bonus points on single grocery + single gas purchase

Thanks for the heads up and sharing. Not sure why they make these so hard to find...

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Rewards offer - 10x bonus points on single grocery + single gas purchase

Got the same offer. Will be using it.

Message 3 of 11
BigBS
Senior Contributor

I have had these offers a couple of times in the last year and a half or so and haven't been able to take advantage of them. Have to go take a look and see if I might have one again. Thanks for sharing.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 4 of 11
dogmeat
Regular Contributor

I love these offers. I usually get a $400 Target GC at a grocery store, and that's one of the reasons why I closed my Target REDcard a couple of years ago. Most of my Target shopping is online and they seamlessly integrate GC balance into the checkout process (it's somewhat more painful, but still possible, to use an in-app GC balance in-store).

Message 5 of 11
cws-21
Established Contributor

Anyone see either of these offers on their Propel? I checked and either the offers aren't available for the Propel or they are unavailable for my account.

Message 6 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@cws-21 wrote:

Anyone see either of these offers on their Propel? I checked and either the offers aren't available for the Propel or they are unavailable for my account.

I have the offer on my Propel. Smiley Happy

Also, there's a DoC article as well:  https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-wells-fargo-go-far-rewards-10-back-on-grocery-purchases-max-... 

Message 7 of 11
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@cws-21 wrote:

I have the offer on my Propel. Smiley Happy

Also, there's a DoC article as well:  https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-wells-fargo-go-far-rewards-10-back-on-grocery-purchases-max-... 

FWIW, I received an email notification about the offer from Wells Fargo earlier today (Tuesday 11/23).

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 8 of 11
cws-21
Established Contributor

Thanks @UncleB and @FormerCollegeDJ. I received the email offer for my Propel later in the day as well. I may have been a bit premature in my post. I am glad I wasn't overlooked by WF!

Message 9 of 11
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Thanks for posting OP!

Does anyone know if this can be used at Costco? I saw verbiage in the offer that said:

"Gas purchases at warehouse and membership clubs, grocery stores, car washes, auto repair stores, and superstores that sell gasoline MAY not be coded as gas stations and MAY not be eligible for the gas station portion of this offer."

I didn't know if anyone had luck using their WF card at Costco and having it code as gas. Costco seems to go either way, depending on issuer - I wasn't sure where WF stood. (Pardon my ignorance if this is common knowledge)

Cheers!

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.