Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Secured Card Graduation

tag
dondilio
Valued Member

Wells Fargo Secured Card Graduation

Hi everyone!

I was reading last week that WF was looking to become a bigger player in the Credit Cars Business. I've had a secured card with them for 20 months. As far as I knew they only graduated in April and November so I was keeping my fingers crossed for November. I went to the post office today and found a WF envelope with "you've earned it" printed in front. When I opened it , I was surprised to find out I was being unsecured. It's suecured with a $1k deposit so I'm glad I'm getting it back. Not sure about CL. APR will be 17.49%. Whatever it is I'm happy. Thinking about doing a PC to the Cash Back card when I get it. So there you go fellas. Looks like things are (hopefully)  changing at WF.

Starting scores (FICO): 1/4/2011 TU: 536 EQ: 532 EX: ???
Current scores (FICO): 9/10/2014 TU: 715 EQ : 720 EX: 732
AMEX PRG: NPSL; AMEX Hilton Surpass: $5800; AMEX Blue: $7500;
DIscover IT: $8500; Fidelity Visa Signature: $5000; CITI AAdvantage WEMC: $2200; Capital One Venture One: $4000; Santander JetBlue MC: $5000; Wells Fargo Visa (secured that eventually graduated): $1600; Nordstrom Visa Signature: $5000 Store cards: Sam's Club: $3900; Home Depot: $4000 Fired: First Premier; Cap One (secured and Orchard); Barclays, AMEX Zync with PSL.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Secured Card Gradiation

Grats!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 8
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 8
knoregs
Established Contributor

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 5 of 8
hot4u
Established Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Secured Card Graduation

Congrats....Smiley Happy

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 6 of 8
dondilio
Valued Member

Yes! I wasn't expecting it! I bank with them and I was seriously considering closing all my accounts if they didn't graduate my card. In the last couple of months I was approved for a couple of Prime cards. To be honest it felt great to close First Premier, AMEX Zync with $500 PSL, Cap1 Secured and Orchard. My WF Secured was my only rebuilder card left so its quite a milestone for me. Smiley Happy

Starting scores (FICO): 1/4/2011 TU: 536 EQ: 532 EX: ???
Current scores (FICO): 9/10/2014 TU: 715 EQ : 720 EX: 732
AMEX PRG: NPSL; AMEX Hilton Surpass: $5800; AMEX Blue: $7500;
DIscover IT: $8500; Fidelity Visa Signature: $5000; CITI AAdvantage WEMC: $2200; Capital One Venture One: $4000; Santander JetBlue MC: $5000; Wells Fargo Visa (secured that eventually graduated): $1600; Nordstrom Visa Signature: $5000 Store cards: Sam's Club: $3900; Home Depot: $4000 Fired: First Premier; Cap One (secured and Orchard); Barclays, AMEX Zync with PSL.
Message 7 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@dondilio wrote:

Hi everyone!

I was reading last week that WF was looking to become a bigger player in the Credit Cars Business. I've had a secured card with them for 20 months. As far as I knew they only graduated in April and November so I was keeping my fingers crossed for November. I went to the post office today and found a WF envelope with "you've earned it" printed in front. When I opened it , I was surprised to find out I was being unsecured. It's suecured with a $1k deposit so I'm glad I'm getting it back. Not sure about CL. APR will be 17.49%. Whatever it is I'm happy. Thinking about doing a PC to the Cash Back card when I get it. So there you go fellas. Looks like things are (hopefully)  changing at WF.

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.