cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Secured Card

tag
NBKC99U

Re: Wells Fargo Secured Card

I too have had the secured card for years , they FINALLY sent me a letter stating that I have graduated to an unsecured card, I'm like wow only after about 5 years, since then I have two American Express cards, CAp one and Discover. GEEZE!!

FICOs: EX 663 / EQ 685/ TU 663 (as of 4/10/18)
CapOne Qk S1 $2500k | CapOne Spark $2500k | Amex Gold NPSL | AMEX DeltaSky Miles$1500 | Discover IT $1250K | CareCrdt $4k | BP $600 $ | Shell $500
Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to provide an update for everyone...

After calling in multiple times to see why my card wasn't upgrading (and even sending a letter to the top of the food chain!!), I gave up calling and just starting using the card for EVERYTHING, and paying it off.  $5 for lunch?  Used the card and paid it as soon as it posted.  Mailed a package to a friend?  Used the card an paid it immediately.  I used it so much I hit my monthly online payment limit.

Finally in October, I received a letter stating they were upgrading my card after 34 months.  Yahoo!  It graduated earlier this month, I received my deposit check back, and today I logged in to find that my credit limit doubled to $600.  Not amazing, but still progress.  FICO scores are now 666, 668 and 685.  I would like to open another card but I can't decide which one to get.

Thanks everyone for your support! 

Message 22 of 27
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After calling in multiple times to see why my card wasn't upgrading (and even sending a letter to the top of the food chain!!), I gave up calling and just starting using the card for EVERYTHING, and paying it off.  $5 for lunch?  Used the card and paid it as soon as it posted.  Mailed a package to a friend?  Used the card an paid it immediately.  I used it so much I hit my monthly online payment limit.

Finally in October, I received a letter stating they were upgrading my card after 34 months.  Yahoo!  It graduated earlier this month, I received my deposit check back, and today I logged in to find that my credit limit doubled to $600.  Not amazing, but still progress.  FICO scores are now 666, 668 and 685.  I would like to open another card but I can't decide which one to get.

Congrats!

So it helps to use the card alot.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 23 of 27
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yay congrats!! Mine took almost 2 years to graduate. Mostly because I kept such a high balance on it the entire time. I wasn't too savvy with credit before this forum, and once I learned I shouldn't be doing that, I paid it off. Called them to close it and get my deposit back and they said my card was going to graduate the next month, so I kept it.

Anyways, you can PC your current card to a different one. I was going to PC the card to the Cash Wise, but they said my current account would be closed immediately, and a new account would be opened for the Cash Wise. My AAoA just hit 2 years and I didn’t want to lower that. I went on a crazy app spree in September and October and opened a bunch of accounts I didn’t need (something I now regret), so I didn’t want to open any new accounts any time soon. They said that was the only card I could PC to, but YMMV. I actually wanted the AMEX card they have, so I’ll just have to wait a while before I can get it. I don’t mind waiting, though!

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Yes, I agree that using it a lot does help overall.  Just make sure you keep paying it Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting!!  I didn't think of trying that.  I did today decide to apply for a Discover IT card and was instantly approved for $11,500, so I think I'll stick with this for now and keep gardening.

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

arabianobsession ... I too had a Wells Fargo Platinum Visa Secured and after a couple of years I through the towel in and closed it out (had $5,000 CL wanted my money back). By then I had real unsecured cards from a variety of lenders with decent limits $5K to $10K. Also, I had had a Bank of America Platinum Plus Visa Secured and they graduated me in nine months ... go figure? Keep a diversity of cards so you are beholden to no one!

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.