Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Secured to Unsecured Approval

tag
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

Wells Fargo Secured to Unsecured Approval

Just received a letter in the mail "Good news from Wells Fargo" envelope. Inside it said you're getting an upgrade and that they will be upgrading my account to a platinum card on august 21st. And that my security deposit will be returned by September 19th, same terms except no annual fee anymore, lower minimum payment, same interest rate 19.74, account number remains the same. I opened this account in december of 2016. Just just barely over 6 months and i got unsecured. only reason i wanted a card with wells fargo is because i bank with them. I wonder if they will give me a credit limit increase too. anyone had a graduation with wells fargo and did you get an increase? my fico scores are efx 718, tu 737, experian 735.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Secured to Unsecured Approval

Happy Graduation!Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

I only keep it because they're my primary bank and wanted a card with them. after 4 denials i finally got the wells fargo dillards card. decent limit but took 4 hard pulls to get it. i'm persistent if at first you don't succeed try try again. took me about 8 hard pulls to get in with amex lol...

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

With your scores being in the 700's, I don't see why they wouldn't approve you for an unsecured card.

Message 4 of 6
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

Too many inquiries. Wells Fargo can be hard but to crack
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz ! ! !

jtw34240 wrote:

Just received a letter in the mail "Good news from Wells Fargo" envelope. Inside it said you're getting an upgrade and that they will be upgrading my account to a platinum card on august 21st. And that my security deposit will be returned by September 19th, same terms except no annual fee anymore, lower minimum payment, same interest rate 19.74, account number remains the same. I opened this account in december of 2016. Just just barely over 6 months and i got unsecured. only reason i wanted a card with wells fargo is because i bank with them. I wonder if they will give me a credit limit increase too. anyone had a graduation with wells fargo and did you get an increase? my fico scores are efx 718, tu 737, experian 735.

I had the same identical experience.  Thought the letter was a fake!  Kept re-reading it.

My secured credit line was $3.500, it stayed the same.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.