Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Visa Signature Advice

tag
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Wells Fargo Visa Signature Advice

I have become extremely confused on what to do with my Wells Fargo Visa Rewards card which has now been discontinued to new applicants.  It only gives 1% back on all purchases. With the new release of the Active Cash card that gives 2% back it seems like a no brainer to product change it to that. I just am hesistant to do so since I don't know if WF will introduce another card that will enhance the WF Propel card, which I also have, like the Visa Signature does. If you cash in your points for flights you get 50% more value if you use the Visa Signature account to do so. With that said, I have no plans to book any flights this year and have no clue when I will book a flight again.

I am trying to get down to 0/12, which I will hit in November 2021, so I can apply for the US Bank Cash + card in December. Also I'm trying to get under 5/24 asap so I don't want to apply for the Active Cash card outright. I'm currently at 11/24 but in December my cards start falling off. I should technically be under 5/24 next spring if I exclued the authorized user cards I'm on, or by August if I want all my authorized user cards to also reflect 2 years age. Also I know I will miss out on getting the sign up offer but if I must I'm ok with that since it will likely be August 2022 before I'm truly under 5/24.  I won't apply for this card before then.   

I currently have 4 cards already that do offer 2% back:

Navy Federal Flagship

Apple Card 

Amex Blue Business Cash

Amex Blue Business Plus

I'm curious to hear what have others with the WF Visa Signature card done with their card? I'm also interested in hearing what others would do if they were in my position? Hopefully hearing this can help me finally come to a decision. I've also attached screenshots of the main perks of the WF Visa Signature card below. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 1.53.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 1.54.16 PM.png

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Visa Signature Advice

I also have 2 WF cards.  I have the Cash Wise and the Platinum which I PC'd to the Active Cash.  The Plat had little to no value when the new Active Cash came so it was a no brainer to PC it.  The account number and aging will stay the same and no HP...just a new card and better rewards.  I was also offered the option to upgrade my Cash Wise which gets 1.5% to the Active Cash so I'd have two of the same card and that just seemed wonky so I kept the Cash Wise, thinking it too could be PC'd to a better offering in the future.  They did just come out with their Platinum replacement...it's called Reflect...and it's benefit is a lower APR and longer up front ZERO APR but that is only (likely, I haven't looked) available to new accounts and not an offer for PC customers.

I've heard WF may come out with another/better/higher reward card than the Active Cash so I'm thinking/waiting on that too.  

The good news is....they are very flexible with PC's so you can likely move stuff around again if/when something new comes...at least they were this time around so I would "assume" (hate to say that) that PC'ing in the future could be easy.  Also, they will easily allow you to move CL between cards if you like, also without a HP.....so if you're on the fence...you can wait or proceed PC'ing with one card but know that you can move CL's in the future if a better card comes out and you move the Propel to that better card and then want to reallocate the CL's around to maximize rewards and availability.

Message 2 of 5
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

I also have 2 WF cards.  I have the Cash Wise and the Platinum which I PC'd to the Active Cash.  The Plat had little to no value when the new Active Cash came so it was a no brainer to PC it.  The account number and aging will stay the same and no HP...just a new card and better rewards.  I was also offered the option to upgrade my Cash Wise which gets 1.5% to the Active Cash so I'd have two of the same card and that just seemed wonky so I kept the Cash Wise, thinking it too could be PC'd to a better offering in the future.  They did just come out with their Platinum replacement...it's called Reflect...and it's benefit is a lower APR and longer up front ZERO APR but that is only (likely, I haven't looked) available to new accounts and not an offer for PC customers.

I've heard WF may come out with another/better/higher reward card than the Active Cash so I'm thinking/waiting on that too.  

The good news is....they are very flexible with PC's so you can likely move stuff around again if/when something new comes...at least they were this time around so I would "assume" (hate to say that) that PC'ing in the future could be easy.  Also, they will easily allow you to move CL between cards if you like, also without a HP.....so if you're on the fence...you can wait or proceed PC'ing with one card but know that you can move CL's in the future if a better card comes out and you move the Propel to that better card and then want to reallocate the CL's around to maximize rewards and availability.

@cashorcharge thank you sooooooo much for all this information! I love how flexible they are being with product changes now. I remember years ago wanting to product change my at the time Platinum Rewards card to the Propel. I was told it was gonna be viewed as a brand new account with 0 history.  Now you can maintain your card's history.   How they are doing things now is a lot better.  

I definitely am looking forward to seeing what other cards they come out with next. Hopefully it is something equal to or even better than the Propel card.  Thank you again for the feedback!

Message 3 of 5
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It's my pleasure @Jordan23ww 

To check for eligble PC's....

Log onto your account on a Computer (not mobile site)

Click your Credit Card Account

On the Right Side of the screen, click "View More Services" and then "Switch My Credit Card"

It'll walk you through the PC process.  Moving of CL's needs to be done via phone call to a representative.

Good Luck

Message 4 of 5
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

It's my pleasure @Jordan23ww 

To check for eligble PC's....

Log onto your account on a Computer (not mobile site)

Click your Credit Card Account

On the Right Side of the screen, click "View More Services" and then "Switch My Credit Card"

It'll walk you through the PC process.  Moving of CL's needs to be done via phone call to a representative.

Good Luck

@cashorcharge  Ooh nice! Thank you again for all the info and well wishes! I'll check it out! 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.