Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Visa Signature = No Foreign currency fee

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Visa Signature = No Foreign currency fee

I've read in some places over Internet that WF's Visa Signature charges no foreign currency transaction fee. Is this true? If so, how can I get it? I can't see any link in the Wells Fargo website. I have a card with them already, would it be easy to upgrade?

I am planning to go out of the country soon and would love to use a CC instead of bring cash/travelers checks with me but my two card charge 2 % fee, though, I am not feeling like applying for another card in another bank right now.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Visa Signature = No Foreign currency fee

It looks like you are too late.  Users reporting WF now charges fee. 

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-credit-card-programs/928114-wells-fargo-invitation-signature-visa-card.html

WF website calls it an invitation only.   Let us know if you find out more.   

There is always Cap1.  

Message 2 of 8
Desert-Rat
Regular Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

It looks like you are too late.  Users reporting WF now charges fee. 

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-credit-card-programs/928114-wells-fargo-invitation-signature-visa-card.html

WF website calls it an invitation only.   Let us know if you find out more.   

There is always Cap1.  

And Schwab

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

how about HSBC?
Message 4 of 8
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

HSBC premiere card has no transaction fee.    I think you need $100K depositied in combined accounts of HSBC to qualify for the card
Message 5 of 8
emartin82
Regular Contributor

hate to be the one to bring it up, but Capital One has no foreign currency transaction fees. They even eat the fee that Visa/MasterCard charge for using your card abroad.

I've used mine when travelling abroad and have not incurred a single fee for doing so. We all know CapOne's weaknesses (customer service being the biggest one), but they can't be beat in terms of foreign transaction fees. If you are willing to take an inquiry hit, you should consider opening a CapOne. You store it at home for when you're not travelling abroad.

I nomally don't do business with companies that have screwed me over, but I will swallow my pride if it means saving money.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I refuse to carry a Cap One card. Go with Schwab. You won't be disappointed........
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

WF has a Visa Signature product that is offered to their Advisor and Private Bank customers that has no foreign currency conversion fees.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.