Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Visa Signature card

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Wells Fargo Visa Signature card

Hello everybody, Im contemplating applying for a WF Visa Siggy... Ive been with Wells Fargo since 1996-7 (i was born 1995) and the day i turned 18 they approved me for a $1500 College card about a year and a half ago and ive never missed a payment, but that card is my highest limit at $2250, i always have 2,000-3,000 coming and going from my WF checking account.. my scores are 670 all around , anyone think i should wait or apply for the regular visa ?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Visa Signature card

Why WF its not the best rewards card? 

What are you looking for in a card?

Where do you spend the most money...gas food clothing bills etc etc 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 13
creditguy
Valued Contributor

The question I have is why WF? Thier cards are rather mediocre at best. 670 is not a bad score but as you may know WF is rather conservative and that may not cut it for them. I would probably wait to apply for the signature if you are determined to get this particular card. What does the rest of your report look like? They will factor in the usual i.e. Utilization, inquiries, baddies etc beside just scores.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:

Hello everybody, Im contemplating applying for a WF Visa Siggy... Ive been with Wells Fargo since 1996-7 (i was born 1995) and the day i turned 18 they approved me for a $1500 College card about a year and a half ago and ive never missed a payment, but that card is my highest limit at $2250, i always have 2,000-3,000 coming and going from my WF checking account.. my scores are 670 all around , anyone think i should wait or apply for the regular visa ?

I would wait.  The relationship aspect you refer to doesn't always make that much of a difference (and I'm not bashing WF because 98% of my banking is with them and I am a very satisfied customer).  They will pull EX most likely and at 670 you might not like the limit the approve you at.

Message 4 of 13
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

i've tried applying for capital one but i always get the denial and am tired of the 3 pulls, i got approved with chase for their freedom but only 1000 CL, WF has always just been good to me and utl is 50% i normally bring it down to 10% then i put my daily expenses (gas, food) and bring it down always, 7 inq, never missed a payment and no baddies.

Message 5 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:

i've tried applying for capital one but i always get the denial and am tired of the 3 pulls, i got approved with chase for their freedom but only 1000 CL, WF has always just been good to me and utl is 50% i normally bring it down to 10% then i put my daily expenses (gas, food) and bring it down always, 7 inq, never missed a payment and no baddies.

UTL may be what's causing denials and I would pay down before making any more moves 

Check the pre-qualified for Amex, Chase and Citi and report back 

Any other TL's?

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 13
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I can't get any pre qualifiers I've always been told since I'm not 21:/ , and yeah Capital One / Saks $1500 , Discover $750 , and BofA cash rewards $1000
Message 7 of 13
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Oh and U.S Bank 500
Message 8 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

If I were you....I would wait until  21st Bday

Sit on my hands until then and grow history, scores on the cards you have while looking for any SP CLI's 

You have more than enough to build solid credit currently 

That would make for an exciting birthday gift (new cards) but only if you need them for a reason 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 13
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Completely agree I'm sufficient with what I have for now, I guess I'll go into the garden with everyone else !!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.